Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mama's Log Cabin and The Sewing Basket--Do You Know If These are Still in Business?? >

Mama's Log Cabin and The Sewing Basket--Do You Know If These are Still in Business??

Mama's Log Cabin and The Sewing Basket--Do You Know If These are Still in Business??

Old 10-16-2013, 02:56 PM

Default Mama's Log Cabin and The Sewing Basket--Do You Know If These are Still in Business??

I placed orders at both these shops last Saturday. It was my first time using these two web businesses. I didn't get a purchase confirmation email and there have been no charges to my credit card yet. I did not print out my order because I assumed it would be emailed to me so I don't have that to refer to. I have sent both shops an email earlier today about my order to see if I just didn't finish the "order" process and I haven't heard anything back.

Have you heard of these shops and do you know anything about them? The Mama's Log Cabin site is coming up strange on my computer today (it looked normal on Saturday--but now all the images have have been replaced with an x). The ower of the Mama's Log Cabin site is listed as Kay Voss. It could just be that they are busy and haven't processed my order yet and haven't been able to get to my email but it seems a little suspicious to me now. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:08 PM

I'm not familiar with either one. However I know sometimes websites are taken down temporarily for maintenance or to research some problem such as you experienced. Also depending on the site, sometimes a particular browser will have difficulties with the site, even though it works just fine with a different browser. Not techie enough myself to figure it out but have heard our tech guy talking about it. Lol!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:46 PM

Have you checked your junk mail folder? I'm not having trouble with either site, although it is Mama's Log House, not Cabin.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:55 PM

Oh that's funny, you are right it is Log House. The images are still not working for me on the home page. I just now received a response from my earlier email to The Sewing Basket and she confirmed that my order was placed properly and it was shipped yesterday so that is a relief. I'm ordering older fabrics so you have to shop where they have the selection you need. Hopefully I'll hear from the other website and then I won't have to worry about it.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:57 PM

I have found even if you fill in credit card details etc noting happens at some shops until later in the week. I find it annoying as I think my order went through on day I put it in.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:11 AM

Many online shops don't charge the credit card until the item ships.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:08 AM

There is a phone # listed on the website...have you tried to contact them the old fashion way? They may have been experiencing issues from weather.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:55 AM

Have you tried calling them : 479) 928-1600 if this is the correct on 3715 E Clarks Chapel Rd Huntington, Ak 72940 I know when I've ordered online that they do not charge my cc until the order is ready to ship, but I'd definitely give them a call they have your CC#.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:49 AM
Power Poster

Hope you get your problem worked out.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:00 AM

The ower of the Mama's Log Cabin site is listed as Kay Voss. It could just be that they are busy and haven't processed my order yet and haven't been able to get to my email but it seems a little suspicious to me now. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I live 7 miles from Mama's Log House, was just there last Wednesday, they are definitely open...BUT they are only open on Wednesday and Saturday and this weekend they are hosting a 3 state bus shop hop. When I was there Wednesday they were cutting kits for the shop hop. Kay also belongs to Belle Point Quilt Guild, is a past president, so she is very reliable....you'll get what you order for sure!!