Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Man Said "Sew More"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    b.zang, I have a Janome6600, and I did NOT know that...soooooo...
    seeewwwwww....LOL...glad you told us! :wink:
    Take heart, Janome owners......he also told me that he almost never sees them in for repairs. Well built and long-lasting machines they be.

I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago, but I KNEW the needle piece was there. I took it in, and was so concerned that I wouldn't have my machine for 4 to 6 weeks, like they told me their back log is. I thought I'd have to buy a second machine (which I'd love to do anyway, but w/ $$$ being tight right now, that won't happen). Well, thankfully, the woman just kind of shook it (gently, very gently, but I never would have done that!!!!!), and the needle piece came right out, and the thunking was gone!! And the cost: $000000

That's my kind of repair! Woo hoo!!!

I was having a lot of health issues and didn't even touch my machine from last October to May of this year. Once the dr. found the problem and put me on the right meds, my energy and outlook did a 180 degree turn around. My husband told me it was good to see me back at my sewing machine! Love that man!

Hmmmm? Wonder if that goes for the Janome MC4000. too. Sew more??? :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    My tech told me that he can tell I don't blow into my machine (which you should never do).

I'm a fanatic about keeping it clean too. :lol:
    oh no, really!!??? I do it all the time. What goes wrong when you do that??

:cry: The moisture from your breath gets in there, & that's not good, it Bad! Do I need to Sew More, I've a Janome 3022? I hope that is a YES! :lol:

I think we all need to sew more, whether we sew on a janome or not.

With every bobbin change I give my machine a de-linting and lite oiling.
    I live in the desert where it is very dry.
    I change my needle with every new prpject or every 8 hours of sewing time. I also hear at my annaul check-up that I take excellent care of my machine. Also never pull your tread out from your machine backwards. Always clip and pull through your needle in the direction it feeds when sewing. A little waste is better than tension problems later.
    Connie

'Sew more', huh? Sounds like a plan to me! We're all looking forward to seeing pics...!

Yes, the Janomes are awesome machines. I have a New Home Memory Craft 6000 (they were called that before taking on the Janome name) that I used for over 20 years, and it began acting up and not doing what I needed it to do, but I sewed many a garment ( and lots of prom dresses) with it, as well as quilting. I would have traded it in on another Janome, but the only dealership is over an hour away, so I purchased Pfaff Expressions. I do like it, but I think if I could get the Mc 6000 to a licensed dealer, I'd have it gone over and probable use it again...or give it to my daughter, if she is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie1948
    With every bobbin change I give my machine a de-linting and lite oiling.
    I live in the desert where it is very dry.
    I change my needle with every new prpject or every 8 hours of sewing time. I also hear at my annaul check-up that I take excellent care of my machine. Also never pull your tread out from your machine backwards. Always clip and pull through your needle in the direction it feeds when sewing. A little waste is better than tension problems later.
    Connie
    AAACKK!! Didn't know that! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    My tech told me that he can tell I don't blow into my machine (which you should never do).

I'm a fanatic about keeping it clean too. :lol:
    oh no, really!!??? I do it all the time. What goes wrong when you do that??
    Lord knows I have enough hot air coming out of my mouth - better stop sending all that humidity into my machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2