Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: March 19th - National Quilting Day

Blog Entries
    *sigh* I have to work all day :( oh well such is life.

D

Quilter's Day Out in Clarksville, In. I will work in the morning and then an awesome coworker is covering so I can slip out and attend. First time to be able to go and can hardly wait.

We are hosting a quilt in at the senior center. We already have a pile of quilts ready to be tied and a great place to donate them (Lutherwood Children's Home).

So after a lot of preparation, the day will be filled with lots of talking, tieing and eating a pitch in lunch.

Sadly, I have to work for most of the day... but I'm hoping to swing by a quilt store I've never been to before on the way home! It came highly recommended by several ladies in my local quilting group.

I'm spending it cooking/baking a St. Patrick's Day feast: Irish Soda Bread and a Corned Beef dinner for 2 DS, 1 DDIL and 1 soon to be DDIL.

Am hoping to do some quilting later. Maybe shopping too!

I plan to sandwich and quilt a top that I have for a customer. No I don't LA, just do it on my Singer.

Well, it's not exactly special, but I'm picking up a favorite quilt from my laq. Can't wait to see it.

You love them dearly. But mine when he is home and I'm sewing, he seems to come in about every 1/2 hour with a (stupid) question...where is.... how do you do...... I'm hungry.... Breaks my concentration. Gotta get a lock for my door.

Going to start a "Spring Shop Hop" here in W.Michigan.

I am going to an Estate sale that I went to on Thur. They have a entire room full of fabric. Bought some on Thur and plane on buying more today. DD is into beading and they have oddles and oddles of beads too!!! She called and wanted to go so I said of course I will go again. Just what I need, More fabric!!!

I am taking a class at a LQS today! I didn't realize it was National Quilting Day when I signed up in December.

visited this site :), ordered deal of the day (and more) from Missouri Quilt Co, will go for some fabric, and hopefully won't be too tired to quilt later--Happy Quilting!

Blog Entries
    Today, I'm attending an Annual National Quilting Day "Social" sponsored by the Sandusky Library at the Follett Museum in downtown Sandusky, Ohio, 1-3:30 pm.

This social has been going on for over 5 years... that I've been involved with and the curator, Maggie, is herself a quilter.

Several sit in the parlor and chit chat, share news and tips, show off our current projects, hand quilt, applique, hem/bind or just sit and share quilt magazines we no longer need! It's a wonderful afternoon in a quaint setting, surrounded by history and quilts and quilters !!!!! There is also a quilt frame set up - Grandmother's Flower Garden - for anyone to work on...an ongoing project!!

What fun! If you're in the area, join us!

Yes, I am going to spend it in my sewing room working on a quilt of Valor.

Yes, I am working on some UFO's today.

thequiltlady.blogspot.com

Quilting Sister is on her way over here, and we are going to quilt till we wilt

Blog Entries
    Got a quilt on the frame and as a newbie to longarming don't know what I will quilt, will let it sit for awhile while I am thinking. FMQ on domestic machine finishing up a stained glass Angel wall hanging.

I plan to finally get DD quilt on the frame. If my DH can get all the yard work done, and still have clean enough hands, we are off to the frames, upstairs. Took youngest DD quilt off them this week! Excited to see this next one get going.

I had a fantastic National Quilting Day! I spent it in class at LQS with Linda Visnaw learning Trapunto. We learned two unique quilting techniques - Trapunto and quilt-as-you-go. Today was the last day of 3 fabulous days spent in class with Linda. The first day we learned how to plan and audition quilting motifs and different designs to apply to our quilts, and the second day we learned all over quilt designs, like stippling, freemotion/freehand fill designs and just "doodling". I learned so much and it was three days very well spent!

Today five quilt guilds from Pinellas County in Florida gathered together at Heitage Village to celebrate NQD. There where two quilts hanging quilts in the village church, two in the old school house and one in what is called the McMullen Booth house. Several members from each guild gathered in the Pinellas room and did demenstations on making of quilts begining to end. They also had a display of blocks with there names. It was a wonderful time the weather was beutiful and warm. We had lots of visitors. This is the third year we have done this and it only get better.

I attended our monthly "thimbleberries" club meeting, lots of friendship and 'SHOW AND TELL' at my local quilt shop.

I finished several things today even got a few in the mail.Only have a doll quilt to finish for this month and Im half done with it.

Generally my quilting bee buddies and I do some hand quilting all day.
    This year we went to the Glendale Quilt Show, bought lots, ate lots,
    and enjoyed everything.
    shesewcrazi

I brought the last few quilts I worked on to my mom and dad's today and gave them a mini quilt show. They really enjoyed it.

One quilt is a t-shirt quilt for my nephew with a Boy Scout theme. He is an Eagle Scout from way back in 1998 I think. These t-shirts have been hanging around in his dad's closet for years. So his dad, my brother, brought them to me awhile back to "do something with." It will be a total surprise.

Another one is for my 32 year old son, made of batiks. He's been waiting about 5 years for it. And then there are all the tablerunners I'm working on.

Pictures coming soon. Sorry, haven't had time, too busy quilting since I moved my comfy chair to my sewing place.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast