Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: March 19th - National Quilting Day

A group of us went to Lincoln NE to the quilt museum. They held open house with lots of demonstrations and lectures. What a fun day. A car load of friends came up from Kansas so we got visit and go to lunch with old friends. Neat day and came home very tired but very happy.

Did some stitchin!

bought fabric have to have fabric as everyday is quilting day

I'm spending the day with my step-granddaughters teaching them to sew strippy quilt blocks with my Singer 99k hand cranked machine. They are having fun going through my scrap bags.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    Several of us are going to Quilter's Day Out in Lexington, KY tomorrow. Anyone else planning to be there?
    Lucky you and all that get to go. I sure wish I could go to a quilt show. I have a real bad back and can't stand for very long. But all have lots of fun.

Barb

I spent a wonderful day at the AQS quilt show in lancaster, pa. and hit a few of the LQS. What a way to CELEBRATE!!

went to my fav lqs and bought 30 fq's but only had to pay for 20. not a bad sale.

I went to a couple of quilt shops. I found a kit (like I need another one)& it is a sunflower quilt. It has applique and I haven't done much but I loved the quilt. I also bought some fat quarters. Had a very nice day

went to a quilt in st. louis mo. very nice . small show

Blog Entries
    I spent my day in the emergency room!!!! I could not just go home, I was the patient!

I may have celebrated in my own way! I spent the morning in my jammies cutting and sewing hst's, then sewing on my new Old machine!

Blog Entries
    We had a great time the the Quilters' Day Out in Lexington, KY.
    We had two speakers. Karen Witt and her daughter brought the quilts from their new book "Like Mother, Like Daughter". Rita Hardman also gave a tutorial on use of the Square in a Square Ruler. We also enjoyed a trunk show of numerous quilts made fellow Kentucky Quilters. Of course, there were several vendors available. I bought sooo many fat quarters for projects later this year. Oops, almost forgot I finally one a door price -- a magnifier that attaches to an Ott Lite. This should come in very handy for hand quilting. Already looking forward to the one next year.

I went to Lexington today and really enjoyed it. So did my friends.

I spent the entire day with several friends in a "Come Quilt With Me" day at a certain favorite quilting store in ABQ, NM. We had lots of fun!

It was held in the Fayette County Extension Office. The Quilter's Guild of the Bluegrass of Fayette County was the host. There were vendors, show and tell, speakers, demonstrations and lots of good fellowship with other quilters. It's alsways the 3rd Saturday in March.

Blog Entries
    Didn't even know that was today, but did do some quilting. Almost finished two blocks for my sampler quilt and cut out 4 blocks to make for the "Just One Star can comfort a soldier" project sponsored by Moda and Semper Fi Fund. My first charity donation, hopefully first of many.

Blog Entries
    I am going to finish, well at least get most of my current project done. So I can work on the borders. Doing this playing with my new birthday present, Janome Horizon 7700.

I skipped out of work early to go to Quilter's Day Out in Clarksville, In. On the way I stopped at Big Lots and ran across a Pan Bono book for $3 (like I need another book), couldn't pass it up. QDO was wonderful, lots of great quilts and people. Can hardly wait til next year. Good job ladies of the guild!!!

how do you get your avitar to become animated? And where did you find that design for it?

Lucky you! I love Lancaster

Went to a quilt show today in Milwaukie, OR with 3 friends.

I was a slug all day, but couldn't let the day pass un-stitched. My older son and I pieced some blocks from scraps from a quilt I made 20 years ago! We used our new #57 foot and it really helps get that perfect 1/4".

Blog Entries
    I bought 7 yards of periwinkle blue cotton satin, that will be a quilt back. Maybe I should call it a coverlet back? I just knew it had been waiting at St. Vinnies, just for me. I also bought the final fabric for the prom dress I am making at Joann's today. I will post pictures when I am finished. (Does it count for National Quilting day if I bought pre-quilted fabric?????) lol!

Had a 4 hour drive to the International Quilt Study Center in Lincoln, Nebraska for National Quilt Day. Amazing exhibit, wonderful lectures and demos. Made a little shop hop out of it also. Such a wonderful place to have in Lincoln. They do fantastic work and do provide students a chance to get a degree in textiles.

I went shopping and broght home more fabric of course!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast