Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: March Fab Shop Hop

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Mc
    Quote Originally Posted by zipit
    Quote Originally Posted by Debra Mc
    I have 7 so far & will finish the rest today I hope. There is only 12 patterns that I can see & at end of month they will give out how to put it all together.
    I think something is wrong this month. It downloaded duplicates which it has never done before.
    When you download make a PDF file in your documents & title it March shopshop then it should open back up to it & if you have a duplicate it will tell you.
    They all went into the same subdir and added different numbers frior to the extension. In days past, it would have been my job to find out why. Now all I have to do it delete and life is good.

me2
    Blog Entries
    I've found 97 bunnies so far but only 2 blocks, one yesterday & one today. If this is supposed to encourage business, it's not working:-) I think it's too time consuming for patterns that are so basic.

Quote Originally Posted by me2
    I've found 97 bunnies so far but only 2 blocks, one yesterday & one today. If this is supposed to encourage business, it's not working:-) I think it's too time consuming for patterns that are so basic.
    Definitely time consuming and 97 seems a bit much to only have 2 blocks so far. But as for the nature of the patterns - basic is very appealing to us new quilters. I didn't bother to do a couple over the past months because I knew I'd never use the blocks. These, I might use.

Cheers, K

The blocks move around too so you could go to all of the shops and find all the bunnies but not all of the blocks. So you'd have to go back to some stores again. It is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by CorgiNole
    Quote Originally Posted by me2
    Definitely time consuming and 97 seems a bit much to only have 2 blocks so far. But as for the nature of the patterns - basic is very appealing to us new quilters. I didn't bother to do a couple over the past months because I knew I'd never use the blocks. These, I might use.

Cheers, K
    Agree.
    There are alot of new quilters on this board. Basic is good. You have to start somewhere. I have seen some basic block quilts that I never would have thought could turn out so beautiful. :thumbup:

me2
    Blog Entries
    I have no problem with basic. Sometimes simplicity is exactly what we need to destress. But the purpose of the hop is to encourage people to visit the shops. This month seems like it's more of a discouragement. It definitely dampens the incentive. JMHO.

This is about the fifth shop hop I've participated in. I've never had so little success in finding the blocks. I'll persevere, but I won't be happy about it. I like the looks of the quilt, however. I could probably come up with it on my own, but what the heck?

I've visited 50 shops and found one block. I started with L.

I've found all 12 blocks!!!!!!!

I looked at all of the shops but didn't find any blocks.
    I've never done one before and was really confused.....

I found all the blocks. Some stores are not available but I have found all the other bunnies.

Quote Originally Posted by kiesh
    You don't look for blocks, you look for the "you found it " bunny. Once you have found it, click onto it and it will take you to another page to register that Quilt Shop. If that shop has one of the blocks it will let you know on that page or you can go to "visited shops" and you will be able to see what shops had the block. Clear as mud?

I downloaded the instructions for each block as I found it in case they disappeared!

Blog Entries
    These online shop hops make me crazy. It seems like lot of frustrating, time consuming work to get the pattern.. I think I'd be more likely to actually spend some time in the shops if I didn't have to spend so much time trying to find the silly MOVING blocks! Not enough time tonight.. Maybe I'll try again later.. Maybe not..

I started at L today and found three in the first 12 shops visited. Cheers, K

Quote Originally Posted by CorgiNole
    I started at L today and found three in the first 12 shops visited. Cheers, K
    I just now did too. Also Houston St Mercantile is now available. Has one. I have them all now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle
    You don't look for blocks, you look for the "you found it " bunny. Once you have found it, click onto it and it will take you to another page to register that Quilt Shop. If that shop has one of the blocks it will let you know on that page or you can go to "visited shops" and you will be able to see what shops had the block. Clear as mud?
    I guess I said that wrong, I went to all the stores found a bunch of the bunnies (130?) but didn't get any blocks. Unless I am blind and didn't see the download......

Blog Entries
    I guess I said that wrong, I went to all the stores found a bunch of the bunnies (130?) but didn't get any blocks. Unless I am blind and didn't see the download......
    Did you click on the bunny, then put in your email and click submit? That next screen after is where the block would be.

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    Did you click on the bunny, then put in your email and click submit? That next screen after is where the block would be.
    Yes. I did everything correct, but didn't find any blocks.

I did all the shops except for the 3 shops that are listed as "not available". I found 10 blocks.

Then I read the information on the sampler page. This is what it said:

"The blocks circulate through the "Prize Verification Confirmation Page." This page appears after you have successfully registered for prizes on the "Prize Verification Page." When you find a block, click on the block to download a PDF of that block and assembly instructions. Also, check your list of visited shops in your member area to re-download block pdfs you have missed downloading.

Remember that the blocks are moving around all the time, so you may need to check the shops more than once to find them all—a great reason to revisit your favorite shops!"

So I went to my list of favorite shops and found the bunnies again in those shops and found the final two blocks.

I had long stretches of shops/bunnies where I didn't find a block so don't be discouraged.

I have all 12 blocks and looking forward to make this quilt.

Blog Entries
    Yes. I did everything correct, but didn't find any blocks.
    you can't miss the blocks-they are at the top of the page after submitting your email. I have never had trouble finding them all but I do my hop in about 2 or 3 days at the end of the month. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. The fact that I don't care about the blocks probably helps. Irony and all that.

you can't miss the blocks-they are at the top of the page after submitting your email. I have never had trouble finding them all but I do my hop in about 2 or 3 days at the end of the month. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. The fact that I don't care about the blocks probably helps. Irony and all that.
    I just went back and looked at a random shop and found a block.
    I guess I learned my lesson doing the search on the first day of the month.....

I have gone to 147 shops and found all the blocks. I didn't realize that the blocks moved. Good luck finding all the blocks.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    Along came quilting so far is the worst that I've tried to find. Started at the top pf the list and have made it to 55 shops and I've found about 6 block so far.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast