Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Marine Quilt Pattern >

Marine Quilt Pattern

Marine Quilt Pattern

Old 02-23-2010, 12:50 PM

My son stopped by and saw I was working on his sisters quilt and asked when I was going to get his Marine quilt done....I have found fabric in a few on line stores but not sure what pattern I should use for his quilt anyone know a good one? I looked on the search but didn't find anything.....I am a new quilter so something not so hard.LOL Thanks . sandra :)
Old 02-23-2010, 02:30 PM

Quilter's Cache has a pattern named Evan's Star in honor of PFC Evan W. O'Neill. I don't know what your quilting skill is, but it's not a real difficult pattern although it's paper pieced.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:33 PM

Thanks I hadn't seen that one.....I have only pp two blocks but I can always pratice first :) Thanks again.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Sunny Days
My son stopped by and saw I was working on his sisters quilt and asked when I was going to get his Marine quilt done....I have found fabric in a few on line stores but not sure what pattern I should use for his quilt anyone know a good one? I looked on the search but didn't find anything.....I am a new quilter so something not so hard.LOL Thanks . sandra :)
SunnyDays: Do you have a picture of the fabric you plan to use? I'm so visual that I have to see the fabric to decide which pattern to use . A picture of the fabric might help you get more suggestions on possible quilt patterns to use for your particular fabric.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:20 AM

I found these on bearpawquilting.com...My son really likes both of them. Not sure how they would work together. Really like the Evan Star and also found The Marine's Star but not sure these would look good in them. Both are on Quilterscache. Thanks so much for helping me!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-19181.jpe   attachment-19182.jpe  
Old 02-24-2010, 11:02 AM

Here you go mydear its perfect
http://www.quilterscache.com/T/TheMarinesStarBlock.html
Old 02-24-2010, 11:19 AM

I found these on bearpawquilting.com...My son really likes both of them. Not sure how they would work together. Really like the Evan Star and also found The Marine's Star but not sure these would look good in them. Both are on Quilterscache. Thanks so much for helping me!!!
I think these fabrics could work well together with a red and or perhaps the brownish-green color that is the tanks and the outer circle of the Marine Corps emblem on the second fabric.
I think it would look fabulous in the following block (although I do love the Marine star I don't think it will allow you to showcase the fabric as well)
http://www.quilterscache.com/G/GloryBoxesBlock.html
Hugs
April
Old 02-24-2010, 01:12 PM

Thanks great block...where would you put each fabric in the and he likes adding the red best. I was thinking the aav and tanks in middle ,red where it is tan and the marines emblem on outside corners....not sure. What would you do?
Old 02-24-2010, 07:53 PM

Thanks great block...where would you put each fabric in the and he likes adding the red best. I was thinking the aav and tanks in middle ,red where it is tan and the marines emblem on outside corners....not sure. What would you do?
I think that would be a perfect layout for this block and fabrics. I would love to see one after you do it and then see the whole quilt :-)
Hugs
April
Old 02-24-2010, 08:00 PM

What about using Hole in the Barn Door? Then u would have a bigger square in the middle to get the full pic of the fabric. For the outside part of the block use a plain color instead of the center block fabric

http://www.quilterscache.com/H/Holei...DoorBlock.html