Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Marshall Dry Goods Muslin >

Marshall Dry Goods Muslin

Marshall Dry Goods Muslin

Old 06-28-2016, 12:26 PM

Default Marshall Dry Goods Muslin

I got an email from Marshall's, they have some Roclon Permanent pressed muslin on sale, it is seconds, has any of you ever ordered any of the seconds before? Is is usable or is there lots of waste. They have wide as well as 45". I know the shipping will probably be pretty pricey. Thanks, Sandy
Old 06-28-2016, 12:44 PM

It would depend on how you want to use it. If it is a backing, then it may be a royal problem because you don't know where the flaw will land. If you are using it in the quilt and cutting it up, then it may be easy to work around the flaws. Their shipping prices aren't any worse than other sites. Unless you are not within the Continental US, then it can get pretty pricey.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by san-sing View Post
I got an email from Marshall's, they have some Roclon Permanent pressed muslin on sale, it is seconds, has any of you ever ordered any of the seconds before? Is is usable or is there lots of waste. They have wide as well as 45". I know the shipping will probably be pretty pricey. Thanks, Sandy
I called Marshalls about getting a bolt of some fabric. She couldn't tell me how much it was going to run, just that it would cost a lot more if I was getting only bolt. It definitely discouraged me from making a purchase. I was just looking a white print on white that I would use with multiple projects.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
It would depend on how you want to use it. If it is a backing, then it may be a royal problem because you don't know where the flaw will land. If you are using it in the quilt and cutting it up, then it may be easy to work around the flaws. Their shipping prices aren't any worse than other sites. Unless you are not within the Continental US, then it can get pretty pricey.
I guess I just don't know what those shipping prices are. I couldn't even get a ballpark figure.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

Reps ship every day. Ask for Sharon. I think the last bolt I ordered was about $6 shipping maybe less.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Reps ship every day. Ask for Sharon. I think the last bolt I ordered was about $6 shipping maybe less.
You were the one who got me interested in Marshalls, and I was about to email you and see if you knew any estimates. But then I thought, she doesn't know me, she will think I'm nuts. Six dollars isn't bad, I was thinking it was going to run $15 or so. I was hoping you would maybe jump in here. Thank you so much. Hugs
Old 06-28-2016, 02:00 PM

i dont get an e mail.....cant find any sale....but shipping looks cheap http://www.marshalldrygoods.com/shipping-tables/
Old 06-28-2016, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
i dont get an e mail.....cant find any sale....but shipping looks cheap http://www.marshalldrygoods.com/shipping-tables/
Thanks for all your comments, I may just go ahead and order a bolt. I will be cutting a lot of it for background.
Old 06-30-2016, 02:24 AM

Can you ask for it not to be put back on the bolt, but to be measured and folded into a package? Maybe if it was on the bolt, that would be the high shipping price.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:48 AM

Find out how many yards are usually on a bolt and then order that many yard.