Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Martelli Rotary Cutter - Another case of GOOD customer service

Martelli Rotary Cutter - Another case of GOOD customer service

I purchased a Martelli Rotary Cutter two weeks ago. I love this rotary cutter, it is awesome. However the little spring that controls the blade cover broke. I called the company, explained what happened to my new cutter and the are sending a new one to me ASAP. Hooray for them
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Good to hear-I love their cutter-and what great customer service
    It's not a stash-it's a fabric library!
    http://www.mamisquilts.com/

QKO
    We use Martelli cutters for all our store (and other) cutting. We love them and the blades last forever. They're also a lot easier to control and make accurate cuts, and they aren't as hard on your wrists.

Having said all of that, the one weak point on the Martelli cutters is the little spring, which easily comes off.

On our cutters, after the first one gave me fits, I took a needlenosed pliers and tightened up the spring around where it mounts.

Even after you do that, you want to make sure that you don't "snap" the cover closed, rather you want to carefully open and close it each time. Doing this, it won't have a tendancy to break or come off.

Quote Originally Posted by QKO View Post
    We use Martelli cutters for all our store (and other) cutting. We love them and the blades last forever. They're also a lot easier to control and make accurate cuts, and they aren't as hard on your wrists.

Having said all of that, the one weak point on the Martelli cutters is the little spring, which easily comes off.

On our cutters, after the first one gave me fits, I took a needlenosed pliers and tightened up the spring around where it mounts.

Even after you do that, you want to make sure that you don't "snap" the cover closed, rather you want to carefully open and close it each time. Doing this, it won't have a tendancy to break or come off.
    Thanks for the hint. I will follow your advice about the spring.
    Sweet Caroline