Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Martelli Rotary cutters and mats >

Martelli Rotary cutters and mats

Martelli Rotary cutters and mats

Old 04-20-2010, 03:35 AM

Love the Martelli rotary. I have both sizes. Their blades last longer than any other. I have a lot of their products. I wanted the cutting board, but I have to have a certain size and they don't make my size. Did not know they sold on Overstock.com. I'll try that sight to see if they are cheaper.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:28 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

I have both the cutters and the mat and I LOVE both. The mat is awesome and worth every penny!!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by baubo1234
Thanks, I have tried to order directly, but they don't ship to Canada. So I may call them tomorrow and see what I can find out.
I would like to know what you find out. I tried to order from them directly and although it looks like you should be able to enter a Canadian province it wouldn't accept the order.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:26 AM

I went to the Atlanta sewing and quilt expo this year, planning on getting the Martelli ergo rotary cutter. My DH went with me this year. While watching the demo, he said, 'You really ought to get the whole set.' I really needed a new mat, and the ruler they had was amazing. He bought me the whole set! Cutter, mat, ruler, and 5 extra blades. The cutter is better than any other new one I have had! So much better for my wrist!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:39 AM

Sounds like my DH. He is so good to encourage me to always get the latest and best out there.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:53 AM

I used to use the Martelli rotary cutter til my hands got too bad. Did love it though but it just isn't an option anymore. Darn it.

However, several of us have the cutting mats. It seems like our rotary blades don't get dull as fast ... really and truly.

If you know of any quilting expo type show nearby Martelli will probably be there. Am curious why they won't ship to Canada. Good luck.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:40 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
I went to the Atlanta sewing and quilt expo this year, planning on getting the Martelli ergo rotary cutter. My DH went with me this year. While watching the demo, he said, 'You really ought to get the whole set.' I really needed a new mat, and the ruler they had was amazing. He bought me the whole set! Cutter, mat, ruler, and 5 extra blades. The cutter is better than any other new one I have had! So much better for my wrist!
I was there too, only I got mine in Houston after having seen it demoed the year before. Love it all, but especially the mat.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Google Goddess

never heard of those, where do you purchase them from? and do you like them?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:50 AM

You can purchase them through Martelli enterprises.com or Martellinotions.com. Not sure which. Sometimes you can find them at a few LQS. They are at most Sewing Expos. They are a very small Christian company. Mostly family run.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:42 PM

I have the left handed rotary cutter by Martelli..and also the cutting mat with the strip cutting guide. The cutter is great..works tons better then any of the other ones I have.