Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mary Jo's in NC ??? >

Mary Jo's in NC ???

Mary Jo's in NC ???

Old 06-11-2012, 07:15 PM

I feel like I have hit the jackpot!! I was very apprehensive about taking a job in Charlotte, NC but I did because jobs are scarce here. Have been out of work for 9 mths. Since I took the job Friday, I have found out that Mary Jo's is close to Charlotte, Beaver Creek Quilts is moving to Charlotte, and when the company had me book my flight, there was a connecting flight thru Dallas. I get to see my son, and my two grandchildren for four hours!! Haven't seen them in at least two years. Feeling better about it now.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:59 PM

yngldy, congrats on the new job. And how nice that a great quilt shop will be nearby for you. Enjoy your visit with your son and grandchildren.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:04 AM
Power Poster

Its a great place and when i ent ther first time was overwhelmed so much fabricshe will like it
Old 06-12-2012, 03:28 AM

I visited there once when I lived in the USA , it as amazing ,mind blowing , unbelieveable ,
nothing like it in Australia , maybe be some day I will visit again. Cathy
Old 06-12-2012, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by lfstamper View Post
Awesome watehouse full of quilting, home dec, bridal and unique fabrics with great prices. I usually add to my stash with batiks or blender colors. I am going in July ad my MIL lives near there.
Hi, Linda, any chance your MIL is Van Stamper in Charlotte?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:34 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

They should go on the way back, because all of that fabric will take up too much room otherwise. Really, Mary Jo's is huge. Stock up on Fairy Frost; there is an ginormous selection. And, as noted above, lots of batiks.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:05 PM

Update - my DD did stop at Mary Jo's on their way back from their trip and I was asking her (on the phone) about it and specifically asked about the Fairy Frost - my newest "HAVE TO HAVE FABRIC". And she was a little vague about it but did say that she bought a few pieces of other fabric for her fabric covered clothesline bowls. A few weeks later it was my birthday and lo and behold - she gives me a bunch of FAIRY FROST!!!!! What a wonderful daughter with great fabric taste!!!