Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary will be contrary no more! I finished the handwork earlier this morning. She's in the washer now, cleaning up her act!

First she was too long and too skinny so she needed some fattening up! How, was a big quandry! Finally got that taken care of and realized I'd put the sides on the opposite sides from where they were intended. Still okay. Then just as I was finishing machine stitching her binding on I snipped the backing. Sigh! SO, after the binding was hand stitched down I had to add a "band-aid" to the back of the quilt. Fortunately I had some fabric with Mary Engelbreit's name so I whacked off the Mary and stitched it on. She is done! She measures 50" X 72"

SO, with Contrary Mary and Garrulous Quilt, I seem to have a series theme going here. I have no idea why my quilts have all decided to be so assertive but they have! What will be next, I ask?

Happy quilting! :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a beautiful quilt!
    You certainly do wonderful work...the colors are so spectacular, the points so perfect!
    Your quilt may have been contrary but you certainly showed her how to shape up and strutt her stuff!
    Beautiful, just beautiful.

Penny

It is so cheerful, I never seem to buy enough bright colors. That is a smiley :D quilt. My first reaction was to smile, so I think it should be Mary Happy Face

Blog Entries
    It reminds me of a quilt that you would take to the ice cream social, or a very special picinic. So very pretty. A wonderful piece of art.

Hey, that is one Happy quilt! What is the pattern? Love all the colors.

joy
    Wow !!! Bright and beautiful and I love those points...... well done.

What a gorgeous quilt!! I love the bright colors!!!! Thanks for sharing. :lol:

Marge,
    This is basically a pinwheel pattern. I saw a quilt at a quilt show about 5 years ago made out of Mary Englebreit fabrics and I really liked it. I have been collecting fabrics ever since. This January I decided it was time to make my own version of the pinwheel quilt I'd' seen so long ago. I had one piece of fabric that had all the little borders that I cut appart for the horizontal sashings. I think this quilt was more about the fabric than the pattern. She may have been contrary but she was fun! :D

Very cheerful and so pretty!!!

Hey thanks, now that its daylight I can see the pinwheels better.It looks even " gooder" as the great-grandkids say, and lots of fun...

I promise my pints would be very dull! Never in a million years would it looks as nice as yours. Mary must've cooperated at some point cause it is very nice!

She may be contary, but when your beautiful... You can be. I Love It. It is so bright, cheerie, You did a great job. How about 100 kudos?

Someone asked to see Mary's owie. Here's her 'band-aid'. Under her name, Mary, is a little tiny hole that happened when I decided to cut a thread just a little closer! Ouch! Poor Mary! She does like her "band-aid."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good save. Without you telling us, no one would know that the bandaid wasn't part of the pattern plan. I'm proud of ya!! :thumbup:

I love the patch :D What a smart lady you are :!: i agree if you hadn't told us, I'd have thought it was part of the desing. But I can keep a secret :lol:

But I can keep a secret
    Not me! I'm telling everyone!!! lol

sue

love the bandaid idea .there are some times i would like to use a whole box full of those,cause i sure hate using the seamripper

really pretty

Blog Entries
    very nice quilt...