Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
May be a silly question >

May be a silly question

May be a silly question

Old 09-11-2022, 06:37 PM

Yes! that is what it looks like. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get it open without ruining it?

Last edited by DebJ; 09-11-2022 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-11-2022, 07:13 PM

There is a little magnifying glass in my address bar with a plus in it I click on this and it opens a box with a + and - I just click on which ever way I want/need to go. I use the browser called DuckDuckGo .com. I love this browser as it blocks trackers throughout the internet.

Last edited by MaryKa; 09-11-2022 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2022, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by MaryKa View Post
... I use the browser called DuckDuckGo .com. ...
DuckDuckGo is a search engine, not a browser. The browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Vivaldi, Opera, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 09-12-2022, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by DebJ View Post
Yes! that is what it looks like. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get it open without ruining it?
I've emphasized the part about how to open - also note about closing securely in the quote.
Originally Posted by Schill93 View Post
IF so then to open you must forcefully unscrew them to the left. I had the same problem when I got mine. They wouldn't budge and I thought if I applied any more pressure I would break it. However, when I finally applied more pressure turning it to the left, it finally opened. It doesn't have a normal screw type mechanism and you will also find that when you close it after taking it off, you have to be sure it is locked in place or it will fall off.
Old 09-12-2022, 06:14 PM

Yes, thank you. I didn't finish reading the whole post until tonight. I will give this a real go and hope it doesn't set off my locking fingers. Thanks, everyone.
Old 09-27-2022, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
DuckDuckGo is a search engine, not a browser. The browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Vivaldi, Opera, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge.

Actually it is BOTH--Depends on what machine used. On the computer it must attach to one of the browsers BUT on the tablet & phone--both android--it is the Browser. Only use my tablet away hrom home.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:09 AM

That is incorrect, I think you're confused about the difference between search engines and browsers. DuckDuckgo is a search engine, not a browser. If you don't believe me, search "what is duckduckgo". Every single response will tell you it's a search engine.

Who ever set up your mobile phone or tablet set DuckDuckGo to be the default search engine and it probably has an easy to access button. But when you click enter on whatever you're searching for, it will open a browser window, be it Chrome (Google), Firefox, Edge, Safari, etc.
Old 09-27-2022, 10:34 AM

Yep! That works for me! Thanks!
Old 09-27-2022, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

They revamped the Quiltingboard some time ago and the font was too small so I did what Peckish said and it's great. Mine says 120% on a Mac.
All my other fonts are at 100.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:02 PM

Sorry MaryKa, that sounded kinda snarky and I didn't mean it that way. I was just trying to help and I ended up sounding like a know-it-all. Go ahead and smack me. 😜