Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Meeting with other quilters >

Meeting with other quilters

Meeting with other quilters

Old 01-07-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by LindaZ
One of the other board members and I are trying to connect as we are sew alone quilters. Is there anyone else that meets with others. How often? What do you do? (other than talk about quilting)? At each others house? Do you sew on projects? Any ideas would be appreciated.
My group meets at a church once a week. Our instructor, for lack of words wll ask us what we want to learn, or if there is something that we want to quilt ect... we have pot lucks, Christmas parties, ect...We also make baby quilts for the ICU infints @ children's Hospital. Sometimes they do craft fairs if we can gather enough stuff to do.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:37 PM

I meet with several other quilters, sewers @ our local senior center every Monday from 2:00 pm until 4:30 pm. We usually work on our own projects but we did make a raffle quilt to benefit the center. :D
Old 01-07-2011, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by duckydo
We have a group of cousins, sister in laws and sisters and a couple of friends that have been getting together for about 15 years once a week, we go to a different persons house every week, over the years we have gone to Paducah, had Christmas parties, birthday parties, quilted, had garage salesl, gone to movies, raised money for different causes. It is such a good feeling to have so many sisters in quilting. We call it Tuesday Nite Stitch N Bitch
ROFL!!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:11 AM

It's early morning here, and You made Me laugh
with the name of Your group !!! good way, to start my day
now off to get my coffee !
Old 01-08-2011, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

I met Amazon for lunch one day. We were pin cushion swap pals and only about 35 miles away from each other so we decided to meet for lunch and exchange gifts. We had a lovely dinner and have kept in touch since then. You will enjoy it and have a great time
Old 01-08-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by k9dancer
I have noticed that several members who want to meet with others have their location 'in hiding.' It would be helpful for others to find you if you put in your state. Just a thought.
I agree, our group at the senior center has all ages and we could use more members from the area in Oregon. Mainly Hillsboro, Cornelius, Forest Grove. You can email me privately if your interested. Jan
Old 01-09-2011, 07:02 AM

Biscuitqueen, Is there openings in your group? I have been looking for a group to join here in Denver. What part of Denver?
Anticipation...
Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by NanaLynn
Biscuitqueen, Is there openings in your group? I have been looking for a group to join here in Denver. What part of Denver?
Anticipation...
yes, we always have room for one more, lol west side. sheridan and Florida
Old 01-09-2011, 03:04 PM

This year I finally joined our quilting group at church. They use donated fabric to make quilts for local organizations and Lutheran World Missions. These quilts are tied and last Tuesday, I tied my first quilt.

The other group is ladies I used to work with and extended family and friends. We are working on our third scrap quilt and exchange blocks every other month for six to eight months. We meet just to exchange blocks. We have added something this exchange as we are making extra blocks for a donated quilt.