Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
membership embroidery designs >

membership embroidery designs

membership embroidery designs

Old 09-17-2010, 06:59 AM

I have over 10,000 free designs that I've collected over the years. With my new 64 bit computer, I can't even see them or download them on to floppys. Am waiting until the get the fixes in place before buying all sorts of very expensive software. I do have 330 Floppys with pictures of each design so I can still enjoy embroidery while waiting for Software to catch up with the newest computers. Love my designer one.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Joanie Owen
I have over 10,000 free designs that I've collected over the years. With my new 64 bit computer, I can't even see them or download them on to floppys. Am waiting until the get the fixes in place before buying all sorts of very expensive software. I do have 330 Floppys with pictures of each design so I can still enjoy embroidery while waiting for Software to catch up with the newest computers. Love my designer one.
Wow Joanie...I guess you have enough to keep you busy for awhile. :) Thats awesome. I am very new to this but love to surf looking for designs.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:18 AM

I really like Artistic Threadworks!
They offer some designs free every day and they are constantly changing.

They also offer a $1 trial membership for 21 days.

http://www.artisticthreadworks.com/public/main.cfm

I have been very happy with the quality of thier designs and the customer service and support.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:12 AM

Joanie, For $25.00 you can get a program that will work for your new computer that will let you see all your designs on your computer.It's called SewIconz
For $40.00 you can get a cataloguing program that can help you find and sort your designs.This one is called SewCat.
You can find them at www.sandscomputing.com. They also have free trials of all of their products.
I have 18 gigs of designs and find their products very user friendly and economical.
I bought a lifetime membership from Designs by Sick. Each year I usually pick a site and join for that year only.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:42 PM

Joanie...I have used BuzzCatalog (BuzzTools) for years to convert and view designs. I now have Vista 64 bit and it works the same as my old computer did. I had to buy a floppy drive for my computer to download designs as my embroidery machine is 7 years old and only takes floppy's or cards.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
I buy from Designs By Sick too. They have one page of their design groups on sale every half hour for $1 per set (about 10 to 12 designs). The page changes every half hour. They are very helpful and even talked me through downloading the first batch of designs that I bought from them. I don't have yearly or 6 month membership but the regular prices are low.
In addition, they have happy hour occassionally and all design sets are 1.00, right now they have a back to school sale. All design sets $1.75. And when you buy, you get points so that when you buy singles you can get them sometimes free with your points.