Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Met other quiltboard members >

Met other quiltboard members

Met other quiltboard members

Old 12-05-2009, 09:01 AM

Puyallup is in W. Washington and we are in E. Washington just about 230 from there. Ahhhh whats a couple hundred miles and a snowy mountain range. Your always invited though.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by bebe
okay who is who in your pics?
Charismah is front left, Omak is front right, and me in the back.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:25 AM

Looks like you three had a great time! I had thought about popping in (60 miles) but I was home with a sick kid. Next time!
Old 12-05-2009, 09:56 AM

It is a lovely area! I drove through there 2 years ago on the way to Vancouver for a cruise. Just a bit too cold for me. I think the idea of an area meet up with board member sounlds like a lot of fun though!
Old 12-05-2009, 10:05 AM

Well, personally, I think Miss Charisma photos really well ... and, thank you, Miss Dglver for NOT putting up the picture with my tongue sticking out ... I got to thinking about something else, and ... well ... it was less than flattering, I am sure!
Dglver is planning some get-togethers, and I think we will probably be planning retreats ... so, we will be keeping you posted.
While we were at the Fabric Patch, there was a young gal putting a quilt on the Innova with Miss Donna and we got to see her do some work with this mid-arm long arm machine. Miss Dglver asked what the pattern was, and know-it-all me says: It is a sampler ...
at which point, the quilting Miss says ... no, all the blocks are different color arrangements but the name of the block is "hot fudge sundae with a cherry on top"
so, we go looking for the book, but, alas ... no where to be found! Bummer! We did however find many other things and fabric and books .... :thumbup:
And, I think that one block, different color placements would be a fun quilt to make ... now to find a block pattern we can agree on!
Of course, as with most things in my life, I have never done before .. I don't know what or how to get it done, but if I wake up tomorrow, I figure God is moving me forward, so I will come up with some ideas.
Plan A - - two pounds of scraps ... any number of participants, start making a designated size of block ... with my production ideas of getting things done, we might be able to all walk out with a quilt made of fabrics from each other ...
oh, I forgot to tell you, didn't I?
A BIG table .... two pounds of scraps ... dumped on a BIG table and ready, set, SEW!
I will iron and cut pieces ... no fair being selective about the scraps ... we all have those boxes <g>
We shall see what we shall see .... ;)
Old 12-05-2009, 10:13 AM

Here is a link to the book with the pattern. Hot fudge pattern
http://www.softexpressions.com/softw...ks/4R80785.php
The book includes recipes to match the patter names.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by judithb
Here is a link to the book with the pattern. Hot fudge pattern
http://www.softexpressions.com/softw...ks/4R80785.php
The book includes recipes to match the patter names.
Well, thank you so very much! It was pretty interesting to see how different each block looked ... one cannot imagine how moving the same colors around to different places can change the look of a block.... and what a grand teacher of values, contrasts, and construction.
Thank you for the link <wave> someday, the administrator may get me a little smiley that is waving <g>
Old 12-05-2009, 10:25 AM

I have Incredimail.com for e-mails. It is free. they have all sorts of bells and whistles to decorate es. Fun AND free! Unfortunately I couldn't copy and paste into this! hee hee
Old 12-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

I like the paw prints
Old 12-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Power Poster

I was also fortunate to meet these 3 - Charismah, dglvr, and Omak - while I was picking up my Innova longarm. Even more fortunate, I had already left the shop to load the frame for the Innova (offsite, at Cindi's shop) when they started taking pictures. (I do not show up well in pictures - I blame it on the camera, or at least I try to.) All of them are so very nice.

We got home around 9:00 last night and unloaded the machine and frame. Today we set it up. When done I'll post pic's.