Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: in the middle of the night

Blog Entries
    Oooh. Can't wait to see more.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

That is wonderful. I wish I had those kind of brainstorms. Really unique and I am sure you will find a magnificent way to put it together. Please let us see it when it is done.

My original idea was to make it all circles but my templates are wedges. I can still make them circles ,
    but I'm not sure if I want to. Anyway heres a photo of the fabric and a couple of the small circles.
    Fabric is Hoffman , I think Born to be Wild.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love the colors and the design! Waiting to see what you do next! :-)

Wish my insomnia would produce something like that. I just sit here typing on this forum.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful fabric. I think I will try to get some. Love blues and what ever you do with this quilt will be beautiful as well. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by teddysmom View Post
    Wish I could help but can't seem to come up with a suggestion.
    Well, luckily I can think of a suggestion... send this little beauty to my house ASAP!!! LOL! I'm serious! This is gonna be fabulous! I love the colors & the fabrics... tres elegante! Please post again as a WIP or when you finish it... yay!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaquilts44 View Post
    It is gorgeous. You do a lot better with your brain in the middle of the night than I do!
    Heck, I couldn't come up with anything this beautiful at high noon... LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by ssuzz View Post
    My original idea was to make it all circles but my templates are wedges. I can still make them circles ,
    but I'm not sure if I want to. Anyway heres a photo of the fabric and a couple of the small circles.
    The perfect name? "Born to be wild in the middle of the night"!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting the fabric, it is gorgeous
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

WOW, you did that in the middle of the night..........it's awesome, can't wait to see the finished product!!

My DH says you didn't have a brain freeze, you had a brain explosion. He thought it turned out BEAUTIFUL!! And I have to agree with him. Think it would make a gr8 quilt. I'm inspired!!

I had this brain freeze and I got up and cut this out . I have no idea how I'm going to
    put it together into a quilt. I should have stayed in bed. If it actually becomes a
    quilt I'm going to call it Roulette SSUZZ

oh the possibilities! And in the middle of the night, too! I see a very contemporary quilt. Laid out just about the way it's pictured. Connect the hexs to the circles with a filler & just let the whole thing flow together. Can't wait to see this finished!

Blog Entries
    Love the colors and idea

Blog Entries
    I love the colors, it is going to make a beautiful quilt.

You did that in ONE NIGHT? Gorgeous! I like the idea of transitioning from the small hexes to the large circles as your progress across the quilt, or the large circles as a center medallion, frame that, then the hexes around that.
    Fay

"You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

Mercy days! What did you take before you went to sleep?!?! That's a beauty! Please show us the finished product.
    Thimble and Thread

Your idea is beautiful. Look at Colours of Australia for an idea of how to finish. She raw edge zigzaged it to a background, put a sashing and then a bias piano key border type around the edge with a binding. If you use clear filament thread the stittching will hardly show. Artists usually come up with their inspiration in the middle of the night!

Interesting....I see an amazing quilt top with a very pale blue or deep jet black background the large circles on each end diagonal from each other (to represent the moon and sun) with the smaller circles in a sort of orbit around with the "mini" fans in an outside border in the yellowish/gold color. That's just my idea. I can't wait to see what you create. I love the material. Now instead of tossing and turning I need to just get up and start cutting. Thanks for the inspiration.

Oh my goodness that is just gorgeous. And good for you! If I got up in the middle of the night to cut out something, I would probably cut off my finger.....

I'm sure whatever you come up with will be as beautiful as the fabric. I wish I could have this kind of inspiration anytime day or night.
    jean

I had this brain freeze and I got up and cut this out . I have no idea how I'm going to
    put it together into a quilt. I should have stayed in bed. If it actually becomes a
    quilt I'm going to call it Roulette SSUZZ
    Well, we all should be so creative in the middle of the night. I am humming a song "In the middle of the night" by Billy Joel just for you.

I love the quilt great job,I just got up,but I think I will go back to bed to see what I can dream up lol

its 9:56 here where I live,but on the board,it says its 6:56 ,I can go back to bed for a few hours lol

I love those middle of the night creativity bouts. I know I come up with my best ideas then. Maybe it is because our brains are so relaxed and willing to be free. This is gorgeous. Maybe tonight in the middle you will come up with another idea on how to put it all together.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast