Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Missing the fabric sales? >

Missing the fabric sales?

Missing the fabric sales?

Old 02-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Administrator

the response has been overwhelmingly in favor of the new rules. those who object are a teeeeny tiny majority. each of those individuals is motivated by a different agenda. it would be unfair to paint them all with the same brush.

the rules will be adjusted as necessary and appropriate. one thing in particular "loosened up" early this morning.

our classified section is NOT a retail center. it is a thrift shop. it is NOT our reason for being. it is NOT the most important thing to be found here. it is one small extra feature available to genuine, qualifying members who want to help each other out.

the obsession with selling was ruining our community.

we are determined to put things back in their proper place and perspective.

as is the case with any significant change to any system, there will be a period of inconvenience and wierdness. once that passes we'll be better off all around.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:07 AM

it would be nice to have a separate ISO area :)

This board is awesome for having items in their stash and willing to share

Originally Posted by wolph33
Originally Posted by quiltmaker
I'm not on the board a lot but did love looking at the fabrics and I sure miss them. I purchased some fabulous QS quality fabrics at great prices and just love them and got great service at the same time.

As with anything there are some I guess that push the limit but people buy what they want and if things don't get sold or pushed back maybe that is part of the reason. I've noticed that people like to admire and make comments on a person's items and that too raises the item forward. Many people were trying as I understood to reduce their stashes and some people have more stash than others. Others may have sold to help themselves out in other ways. Regardless of the reasons many, many of us here got super deals and service on what we wanted to purchase and to me that was a win/win.

Now, most everything is ISO or wanting this fabric type things which I feel are not really needed in this area. Maybe another area for that category because it looks like that is now crowding out everything else and it's hard to find anything new for sale or rather something that hasn't been there for quite a while. Not everything will sell whether it's a new or been there awhile item and that's just the way selling goes.

That all said there are rules to follow and when they are abused in some people's eyes it makes it sad for the rest of us that enjoyed doing business with people here on the board. Unfortuntely there are people on both sides of whatever happened to change the rules that have created this situation and we all have to live with it regardless of what we may think.

This is just mho and hopefully respected for that alone.
I agree-
Old 02-19-2011, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
it would be nice to have a separate ISO area :)

This board is awesome for having items in their stash and willing to share

Originally Posted by wolph33
I'm not on the board a lot but did love looking at the fabrics and I sure miss them. I purchased some fabulous QS quality fabrics at great prices and just love them and got great service at the same time.

As with anything there are some I guess that push the limit but people buy what they want and if things don't get sold or pushed back maybe that is part of the reason. I've noticed that people like to admire and make comments on a person's items and that too raises the item forward. Many people were trying as I understood to reduce their stashes and some people have more stash than others. Others may have sold to help themselves out in other ways. Regardless of the reasons many, many of us here got super deals and service on what we wanted to purchase and to me that was a win/win.

Now, most everything is ISO or wanting this fabric type things which I feel are not really needed in this area. Maybe another area for that category because it looks like that is now crowding out everything else and it's hard to find anything new for sale or rather something that hasn't been there for quite a while. Not everything will sell whether it's a new or been there awhile item and that's just the way selling goes.

That all said there are rules to follow and when they are abused in some people's eyes it makes it sad for the rest of us that enjoyed doing business with people here on the board. Unfortuntely there are people on both sides of whatever happened to change the rules that have created this situation and we all have to live with it regardless of what we may think.

I agree-
Great Idea...separate area for this.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by dreamer2009
Great Idea...separate area for this.
sorry. not going to happen.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:53 AM

I offered something for sale for the first time this past week- and found the new rules easy to follow - well written, clear and concise. I don't have a large "stash" but it is nice to have a place to trade, buy or sell every now and then. I've done all three and couldn't be happier :)
Old 02-19-2011, 10:47 AM

Very well said. What does ISO mean??
Old 02-19-2011, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
the response has been overwhelmingly in favor of the new rules. those who object are a teeeeny tiny majority. each of those individuals is motivated by a different agenda. it would be unfair to paint them all with the same brush.

the rules will be adjusted as necessary and appropriate. one thing in particular "loosened up" early this morning.

our classified section is NOT a retail center. it is a thrift shop. it is NOT our reason for being. it is NOT the most important thing to be found here. it is one small extra feature available to genuine, qualifying members who want to help each other out.

the obsession with selling was ruining our community.

we are determined to put things back in their proper place and perspective.

as is the case with any significant change to any system, there will be a period of inconvenience and wierdness. once that passes we'll be better off all around.
Just read the new rule additions. I love this board.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:53 PM

I've always been in the minority...hehehe...so I know how to live in that world.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bobbie1
What does ISO mean??
In Search Of

it's a way to tag your topic if you want to offer other members the chance to hunt through their stashes for something you want to buy.

some of us have stashes that go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. :lol:
Old 02-19-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by sewwhat85
i love the new rules it was never meant to be for businesses to sell just quilting buddies to share swap and sell stuff they were not going to use.And if you could not see that it was being used for other purposes you must have rose colored glasses.
Agree. The section was not being used fairly. Thanks Patrice and the Admin. for all you do!
:thumbup:
I think it will work great with the new rules! I am a seller (from time to time) and a buyer (way too often), but I gotta say, I didn't care much for the ads that were competetive.
I really appreciate how the forum has guidelines in place.