Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Missing the fabric sales? >

Missing the fabric sales?

Missing the fabric sales?

Old 02-18-2011, 09:57 AM

I am on the board daily -- way too much, and I know some people abuse the classified section, but the rules took everyone off at the same time. I do appreciate the admin., and love the board -- I just miss seeing any fabric sales.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:56 AM

I too miss all the fabric sales. I was able to purchase many beautiful fabrics at great prices from members here. Now I notice that since the new rules, there aren't many fabrics for sale anymore. I do find that I am spending less time here than I was before since I don't spend as much time looking at the classifieds as most of the ads now are looking for things. I also appreciate the admin and love this board but I really miss the fabric sales and hope there will be more fabric for sale as soon as some of these sellers are able to meet the new rules.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:50 PM

I'm not on the board a lot but did love looking at the fabrics and I sure miss them. I purchased some fabulous QS quality fabrics at great prices and just love them and got great service at the same time.

As with anything there are some I guess that push the limit but people buy what they want and if things don't get sold or pushed back maybe that is part of the reason. I've noticed that people like to admire and make comments on a person's items and that too raises the item forward. Many people were trying as I understood to reduce their stashes and some people have more stash than others. Others may have sold to help themselves out in other ways. Regardless of the reasons many, many of us here got super deals and service on what we wanted to purchase and to me that was a win/win.

Now, most everything is ISO or wanting this fabric type things which I feel are not really needed in this area. Maybe another area for that category because it looks like that is now crowding out everything else and it's hard to find anything new for sale or rather something that hasn't been there for quite a while. Not everything will sell whether it's a new or been there awhile item and that's just the way selling goes.

That all said there are rules to follow and when they are abused in some people's eyes it makes it sad for the rest of us that enjoyed doing business with people here on the board. Unfortuntely there are people on both sides of whatever happened to change the rules that have created this situation and we all have to live with it regardless of what we may think.

This is just mho and hopefully respected for that alone.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:56 PM

I don't care about the rules. I just like the board and am happy that we can have it and it is FREE
Old 02-18-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
I'm not on the board a lot but did love looking at the fabrics and I sure miss them. I purchased some fabulous QS quality fabrics at great prices and just love them and got great service at the same time.

As with anything there are some I guess that push the limit but people buy what they want and if things don't get sold or pushed back maybe that is part of the reason. I've noticed that people like to admire and make comments on a person's items and that too raises the item forward. Many people were trying as I understood to reduce their stashes and some people have more stash than others. Others may have sold to help themselves out in other ways. Regardless of the reasons many, many of us here got super deals and service on what we wanted to purchase and to me that was a win/win.

Now, most everything is ISO or wanting this fabric type things which I feel are not really needed in this area. Maybe another area for that category because it looks like that is now crowding out everything else and it's hard to find anything new for sale or rather something that hasn't been there for quite a while. Not everything will sell whether it's a new or been there awhile item and that's just the way selling goes.

That all said there are rules to follow and when they are abused in some people's eyes it makes it sad for the rest of us that enjoyed doing business with people here on the board. Unfortuntely there are people on both sides of whatever happened to change the rules that have created this situation and we all have to live with it regardless of what we may think.

This is just mho and hopefully respected for that alone.
I agree-
Old 02-18-2011, 02:40 PM

I miss it also. I wanted to tell you there was so much selling going on from the mid-west and east, I could not get on here in time in the morning and it was all gone. I have to take my grandson about 8 miles to school and when I get on is about 8:30 or 9 mountain time. I wll have to get up at 5 am.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:24 PM

I really liked multi-tasking on this board - buying, selling, chatting, posting - I miss seeing all the great sales too.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
I really liked multi-tasking on this board - buying, selling, chatting, posting - I miss seeing all the great sales too.
I agree..But IMHO id like to see the post limit doubled eventually.. I think it was a great way for us to get great deals BUT I did notice a few members 'stores' selling more for profit than thinning out stash.. Sad when a handful ruin it for the rest.. I thank the Mods for taking control of the situation..
Old 02-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Banned

I miss them, too, both as a buyer and a seller. I've been trying to get rid of some extra fabric that I've come across recently (and I hope that at $3 a yard, that I wasn't coming across as selling for profit! I'm probably making back what I originally spent, if that), and at only 15 items a week, it's going to take me forever to sell all of it.

And as a buyer, there's just not enough for me to choose from. If I'm going to pay the ridiculous shipping costs that the USPS is charging nowadays, I want to buy at least a few different pieces of fabric -- but if there are only 15 items to choose from, it's often harder to find enough fabric that I like to justify buying and paying for shipping (and that's if I even get there in time before someone else nabs them all).

If people want to buy, and other people want to sell, I don't really see what the big deal is. I know the mods and some other forum members don't agree with me, but that's what I think; I've never been a big fan of Big Brother, and this notion of "protecting" us from the evil fabric sellers who are waiting out there to take advantage of the members is just silly, if you ask me. It's a shame that the Classifieds section has been so dramatically changed, and I for one don't think it's for the better.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by frugalfabrics
Same here