Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing

Missing

Where do things dissappear to. I had almost a whole shoe box of 3 1/2" tumbler blocks cut out. Now I can not find them anywhere. I really do not want to tear up the sewing room, but this is going to drive me nuts.

They are probably with a rotary cutter I "lost" about 20 years ago. Still makes me nuts that it never re-appeared. It's not like I would have ever had a reason to take it out of the house.
    I call this place where "stuff" goes "the land of the lost". Somedays I think I am there too!
    Last edited by Lori S; 06-20-2012 at 07:23 AM.

If it makes you feel any better I lost a 7 yd piece of fabric (someone else's - luckily I was able to replace it) and still haven't found it. That was about 4 years ago - it is very well hidden

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I wrote a thread about losing a box in my sewing room a few days ago. Well...it's still missing! Where are you box????
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Blog Entries
    my mother placed her eye glassess on and end table in the house then went to her bedroom to take a nap. when she got up her glassess were gone. We searched everywhere for them and didnt find themm. When we cleaned her house out after her death we still did not find her glassess

Power Poster
    Yes, that is going to drive you crazy. I too have stood at the sewing room door and muttered, "I know it's in there somewhere!" Good luck on your quest!

Will be hoping you find them before in desperation you start cutting new ones. I did that with some white strips I had cut. Little thread cutting scissors and rippers seem to disappear here, even though I have a lot of each.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

I sure hope you find them. This happens to me everytime I put something in a safe place, it turns out to be so safe I can not find it!!!!!

I bet that has has been something we have all done. I sometimes buy fabric for a pattern and put everything together in large plastic bags. I lost one for the longest time. I found about a year later when I was searching for another lost project.

Blog Entries
    My dad lost his hearing aids last fall. They were the tiny 'in your ear' style, but were the latest technology, and therefore about $7 grand!! The fault fell on my great nephew, 2 at the time, who was suspected to have 1. swallowed them, 2. flushed them, 3. tossed them down the furnace grate. Well, this spring they were found. Outside, semi-buried in the ground beside a small cement "cow" statue that they have in the yard. Every grandchild 'rides' that cow at some time in their young lives, so he was only having his turn lol.
    I used to be "hot", now it's just "hot flashes!"

Blog Entries
    I have been there and understand your frustration with it. I really think that there definitely is little leprachauns or some other little creatures tunning around taking those little things that most of us think we have lost. Of, course, if you have little children running around like I do sometimes it those little creatures that have abducted the missing items.LOL Hope you soon find it.

I once found my keys in the freezer compartment of the fridge. Have you looked there? LOL

I feel your pain. I am looking for lost things all the time. Sometimes they turn up where I had already looked for them.
    Sandra

I had a dustpan disappear once. I went back in the hall and grabbed the broom and dustpan and set the dustpan down next the kitchen doorway. I swept the dining room and kitchen and when I went to get the dustpan it was gone. We've moved 7 times since then and it's never reappeared. And it was one of the really good dustpans that are impossible to find anymore.

My sister-in-law calls it "spacerville"!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Hopefully it will be in the last place you look
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

I think we've all been there. Usually I find whatever I'm missing in with some project I started and then set aside for a while. But I have so much stuff I could probably lose myself and no one would ever find me. Good luck finding your squares.

I have things go missing and then ask Saint Anthony he is suppose to find lost things. Sometimes he does.
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    Your squares and Lori's rotary cutter are keeping company with the beaters for my stand mixer and the entire hand mixer, which disappeared in the last move. And I would never have known if DH hadn't asked for a birthday cake. The cake was OK, but beating buttercream frosting by hand is a real pain.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

I was making a string pieced card trick pattern quilt. I was doing 4 blocks and each "card" was a different color way. I made all my pieces. I sat down to put the blocks together and came up one green triangle short. Could not find it anywhere. I asked the family, no one knew where it was. DH actually suggested I hadn't made them all. I made them in pairs! Well, i had to get it finished for a quilt show, so I finally made another one. The next laundry day I found it in my teenaged sons pocket. At least I found it...

It was part of a challenge thing at the show, I got viewers choice!

Blog Entries
    I haven'tseen my good sheers in a year. Just know all these items are somewhere else waiting to be discovered.

Blog Entries
    Your tumbler blocks are with my 2 pkgs of binding tape having a good laugh while we keep muttering about missing things.

I lost my A foot and ankle for my Viking when I took it off to do some FM quilting. Later figured out it had fallen off the sewing table and into the waste basket which had gone out in the garbage the day before I figured it out.

Blog Entries
    Recently I started looking in my purse and in the fridge/freezer when things go missing. Menopause has made me do very odd things (like put the food in my purse and the car keys in the fridge).
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

I'm so sorry that the flying monkeys have found you too. They plague us here, but sometimes they do return the things they borrow. Don't bother moving. When they move in with you, they must put some kind of tracking device in your stuff so they can follow you wherever you go, even to work. I have found they are most likely to return your item if you just relax and stop looking for it. I hope you can work out a peaceable living arrangement with them.

Darren

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast