Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing

Blog Entries
    I feel your pain. I have done this more times than I like to admit. I am currently missing the first two blocks of a BOM I started getting. When I received the 3rd one, I was going to put it with the other two. I will if I can ever find them! Glad I wasn't planning on doing it them any time soon. It is nice to read that everyone does this at some time or other. But I must say the missing glasses is just weird.
    Judy

I, too, lose things. I looked everywhere for my rotary cutter which I knew I had. I even remember exactly where I put it, but it was no where to be found. When I broke down and bought another I opened my sewing drawer and there were two old rotary cutters and my one new one! So I guess my gremlins brought back one of mine and one of someone else's!
    Bobbi
    Quilting happily in Tennessee!

This happens with me and seam rippers. Thank goodness they are cheap, but I don't know how many I've bought through the years.
    Mistakes are just opportunities to invent a new quilting technique!

Had a BOM quilt too. I decided to finish but lo and behold block #11 was missing.....searched and finally gave up and created a block of my own from scraps from the other blocks......looks good but where in the world is that missing block ???

Blog Entries
    Well I can tell you where all those 'missing' things are-Theres an island out in the Bermuda Triangle and its made out of all those missing things and all the stuff we put in a safe places we never find again.For the life of me I can't understand WHY this island doesn't show up on radar-sonar or even on satellite imaging. It has to be as big as the United States by now...

Quote Originally Posted by sassey View Post
    my mother placed her eye glassess on and end table in the house then went to her bedroom to take a nap. when she got up her glassess were gone. We searched everywhere for them and didnt find themm. When we cleaned her house out after her death we still did not find her glassess
    My Mom lost her dentures in the hospital by laying them on her bed tray???/
    I think the waste basket get things like that ,???
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Reminds me of when I was in a foster home and my cigarettes disappeared out of the garage. I suspected my foster-brothers, since they really disliked my smoking. They put gun powder in my ashtray once.

Anyhow, the pack was found in the potato patch the next Spring. I think our collie took them and buried them!
    :-)
    CAS

They are at my house under the sofa with the other UFO's
    Jesus knows all my imperfections yet he still loves me. Amazing!

When this happens to me which seems to be more often than I care to admit I just say a little fairy comes in and moves it. I hope I catch her sometime. I need a lot of my things back. Good luck finding yours.

Thanks for all the cute stories. Makes me feel a little better. Still have not found them. I am just going to move on to something else.

I want the house cleaning fairy along with the missing stuff!
    :-)
    CAS

Quote Originally Posted by psthreads View Post
    Where do things dissappear to. I had almost a whole shoe box of 3 1/2" tumbler blocks cut out. Now I can not find them anywhere. I really do not want to tear up the sewing room, but this is going to drive me nuts.
    This is too funny...I got a ziplock baggie full of pre-cut tumbler blocks in a yard sale and decided I didn't want them, so I gave mine to a quilting friend... hope you find yours
    Loretta Sewhappytoquilt

Quote Originally Posted by sassey View Post
    my mother placed her eye glassess on and end table in the house then went to her bedroom to take a nap. when she got up her glassess were gone. We searched everywhere for them and didnt find themm. When we cleaned her house out after her death we still did not find her glassess
    Well, that does it! Now I KNOW there are gremlins assigned to every household, just to move things around. Just busy yourself with other projects, and I bet you, those pieces will turn up. You probably put them in a ziploc bag somewhere, thinking they'd be right there when you were ready for them. Only problem is... where the heck is that handy place?

I still haven't found my rotary cutter I lost about two months ago....I finally broke down yesterday and bought another one at WalMart. I swear there are some kind of gremlins or sock monster whatever you want to call them that hid stuff from me all the darn time!!

Add my white marking pencil to the missing objects. Still looking after a week, hasn't shown up yet. I keep hoping it will. I've had tons of white pencils and of course this was the only one I like and have no idea where I purchased it. Grrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
    OK people you have this ALL WRONG. Don't you know that the missing items are all hanging out with everyone's SOCKS??????????HAHAHA
    All the lint in the dryer...socks that have fallen apart. LOL
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

Know what you mean. Purchased a bow tucks purse pattern last year and was ready to make it. Guess what. Found the fabric but no pattern. Have searched everywhere. Guess I have to buy another. Darn.
    Love to quilt

Gloria C

No you didn't loose it, grinches break into my house and only take one thing. Last time it was my good seam ripper, before that it was the old red sweat shirt that I was saving for the kitty pattern on the front. Grinches are quite the jokers and months later will return the stolden item and place it where you have looked a hundred times.
    With quilters for friends, I will always be warm.

Has anyone seen my Antique Dishes!? I've moved and can't find them anywhere! See through amber with very intriquet detailing. Sooo pretty an have NO idea where they've gone to! So I know how you all feel in your "Losses".
    Thank You Lord for answering my prayers, in this I am truely blessed!

Do any of you ever feel like you could hide your own Easter eggs? Or wrap your own presents? I have lost a lot of things. Most recent was a tea pitcher, which I later found in a fridge in the garage. I promise it was not there the first five times I looked.

They've gone to the land of lost socks, those that disappear when you do the laundry. Can't explain that either.

Moving is very dangerous as far as losing things! We have moved a lot. One move we were getting down to the wire getting thing packed. My DH was getting last minute things out of the kitchen the morning we were leaving....don't know how that happened. The next morning, I asked DH if he had packed the little dish on the kitchen window sill with the stuff that was in it. No, he thought he had just trashed it. My wedding rings were in that dish because they always broke my fingers out (nickle allergy)! The trash we had put out had already been picked up that morning. He felt terrible, but it was my "bad". Should have packed them or put them on my other hand.

sap
    when I have a problem like that I stand there n hallar here needle, or here sissors, or here box, here box, here box, still haven't found a single one of the, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewhappytoquilt View Post
    This is too funny...I got a ziplock baggie full of pre-cut tumbler blocks in a yard sale and decided I didn't want them, so I gave mine to a quilting friend... hope you find yours
    Oh, NO! Your tumbler blocks ended up in someone else's yard sale! Now you know. And can move on.

Everytime I lose something, I just think of something else I need to find and usually find the first think I lost. Also St Anthony is great of helping me find things, but remember you need to do him a favor too. Thing are lost at in my quilting room all the time. Just give it time and you will find it, I hope.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast