Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Missing

Just got back from being down south for the winter....took out all my printed PPed patterns to begin this project....
    I had them all printed in Staples.....lots of them!

but for the life of me, cannot find the instructions.

looked high and low but with no success........I guess I will just have to put on the thinking cap.

anyone out there have Cindi Edgerton's little bits DIAMOND LOG CABIN instruction sheet?

wow - and i thought i was the only one who did that. nice to know i am not the only one!!

They are with my applique pressing sheet that I still cannot find. I am convinced there is an alternate universe where these things go . They can see us and they sit,beer in hand, and laugh at us while we frantically search.

My sewing tools started disappearing about two years ago. I drove myself crazy trying to figure out if I had misplaced them - seam rippers, small scissors, thimbles, spools of thread, my purple thing, pin cushions, etc. or if they were transported to another dimension. About a month ago, my two year old kitty, Erma, took a liking to my new titanium scissors. We recently replaced carpet with hardwood floors and about 2 AM I heard a thump and a drag and discovered Erma dragging my prized scissors across the floor. I watched her from my bed and found her stuffing the treasure under the heaviest piece of furniture I own. Anyway, long story short...nearly everything I had been missing from the sewing room was under that chest. So now when I can't find something small, I look under Erma's chest first. Please don't judge me because I hadn't moved that chest in about 2 yrs either.

Things always dissappear at my house too but wonder if i will find them now that i am moving out of the house i have lived in for fifty years but darn who took my black shoe?????????????????????????????????????????????

Somewhere there is a sewing room with ALL the stuff in it that we are all looking for.

This is too funny, I once lost my glasses, searched and search, then realized my dog ATE them. Cost me 500 in xrays, but at least I am no longer looking for them.

I lost the binding to one of my quilts. Practically tore the sewing room apart looking for it. The a few days later I sat down at my sewing table and there it was under a piece of paper. Couldn't believe it.

I have found things under one piece of paper or under one layer of fabric, but I posted a story about a lost pizza box full of fabric belonging to someone else on the June 17 newsletter.
    I have a few tricks for not losing things. When others walk into my sewing room, they are astounded at what seem like a mess. But mostly I can find things. I have my little thread snipping scissors on a 40 inch piece of elastic that is around my neck most of the time. I have worn that to church and to the doctor's office.
    I don't buy those little round seam rippers anymore. I get the longer ones with SQUARE handles. Also, it helps to tape a plastic spoon to the handle. I've seen that in stores on their pens they don't want to lose. Some use a stem of artificial flower. I have one on the pen I use for my sudoku puzzles.
    I have a mail organizer that I found free at our senior center that I "file" patterns, books, the directions for the challenge project, things I may want to do someday, etc. Everything stands on end, and so far I have always found what I was looking for in there. I also have a "tray" next to my sewing machine that catches most-used things. Mine is Tupperware! A rectangle one, about 7x10x2. Current thread, notions, pencil, presser feet, etc. land in there. After a few projects I need to put some things in their permanent place so there is room for the next load. That way things are less likely to fall onto the floor. And now I always empty my wastebasket VERY CAREFULLY. I'm sure I have lost all my old round seam rippers there.

I lost some fabric for large tote bags for over a year. Finally, when I was cleaning out closets this past month, I discovered it in a bag with some other fabric. And, as usually happens once you find something, I remembered putting it in that bag when I bought it.

Ah, sweet mysteries of life - they do keep us guessing!

I've been searching far a 1 yard piece of hot pink fabric to use for an applique for new grandbaby's quilt...since Sunday. So for 5 days I've been looking and trying to figure out what I did with it.
    I resigned myself to rebuying it today...and lo and behold...it popped up on the cutting table under another piece of fabric for the same quilt.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

I'm glad that I am not the only one who loses things. Makes me feel better.

my missing item is a pattern my sister bought me when we were together in Minnesota.... ugh... I have looked everywhere.... makes me sad everytime I think of it... quilter 1234

It's in your black hole, somewhere. That's what my sister and I call it when we can't find something.

You know you will find them....after you get new ones cut!
    I always put things where I KNOW I can find them later. Somehow, it never works out that way!
    But, when I sometimes come across something later...It's a nice surprise!

Mmmm me thinks I know! Same place as all my stuff. In that safe spot so you don't forget and then promptly forget lol!
    From the heart
    Nancy

I lost my car! When I came out of WalMart, I walked all over the parking lot-no car. I got the security man to help me and we still couldn't find it. I called hubby to tell him I was going to call the police and he gently reminded me that I drove the truck because I was also going to stop at Lowe's to pick up some chair rail. DUH! I have totally given up on finding anything in my sewing room. I have reorganized it twice this year so it would be more user friendly. NOT!

I am almost as bad...I lost a 4 yard piece of fabric that I bought for a friend...I have not been able to replace it...it is somewhere in my house....

Quote Originally Posted by quiltstringz View Post
    If it makes you feel any better I lost a 7 yd piece of fabric (someone else's - luckily I was able to replace it) and still haven't found it. That was about 4 years ago - it is very well hidden

I just realized something...the same friend who I lost the fabric for....she did almost the same thing. She borrowed a pattern from me and then kept asking me why I hadn't brought it to her. I had searched my house high and low for it...come to find out...she already had it....lol...the older I get the worse it gets...can't remember where I put it so I would be able to find it again....

I was working on the "Craftsy" Blocks of the Month (2 each month), and I was all the way through March, so that's 6 blocks. I kept them in a "safe" place, because once finished, they would make a small quilt. Then they went missing. And I mean I tore my sewing room to pieces looking for them, I was so desperate. I had all kinds of quilting pieces in with those blocks, so it wasn't just the blocks, although they were most important. So I carried on with doing the Blocks of the Month, and went back and did all 6 blocks from the first 3 months all over again. And guess what I found in my sewing room yesterday. . . . aaaarrrrrggggguuuuuuhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
    MacThayer

was making a king size patch quilt and looking for my "3 " quilters cards with the measurements, well had to call people with king size beds..Still looking...........

Blog Entries
    I lost 3 doll quilts I bought at "always in stitches" in grove city, ohio at the closing sale. I can't find them. The have vanished into thin air. I feel your pain.

Ever heard of "The Borrowers"? According to a children's book by Mary Unton, they are the tiny people who live in our homes. They "borrow" our things to use. I read the book series 40+ years ago, but I am sure an entire family of borrowers live in my sewing room. Who could doubt their existence after these stories LOL!

Pam

Been there, done that. I was trimming blocks at my cutting table, and went to put some bits of fabric (tiny pieces) in the trash can -- I glanced down and saw a FQ laying in the trash! It had fallen off the table into the trash can. I also found a small pair of scissors there. Now I go through all my scraps/trash before I empty that trash can!

Blog Entries
    The borrowers take them,,, they are the little people that live in the floor registers and they come out at night and take your stuff....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast