Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
MIssouri Star Long arm quilting services >

MIssouri Star Long arm quilting services

MIssouri Star Long arm quilting services

Old 01-05-2016, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
YMMV the letters mean Your Mileage May Vary.
Thanks! Couldn't figure that out out. LOL
Old 01-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

I don't send my quilts anywhere. I do my own quilting.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:15 PM

Wow! You quilters in SW and West Coast pay a pretty penny---or several, for quilting. Most of LA around here charge 1 1/2 for simple panto, 1 3/4 for more dense panto, custom (simple or body same&borders different) are 2cents/sq inch. More involved custom(thread changes, very dense quilting,etc) will be 3 cents/sq inch and up. I did a custom (feathering in blocks, sashings continuous design, separate feathering on borders--which had to be turned to get them heading right direction--on me)that measured 80x88---I supplied 80/20 bat---for $168.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:51 PM

I tried this quilting service for the first time this year and was very pleased with the results. Compared to Missouri Quilt they are cheaper also. http://www.happycrafters.net/quilting-services.aspx
Old 01-06-2016, 05:16 AM

From the wonderful longarmer I use in Northeastern North Carolina I get amazing results. I am never in a hurry so I just say let the deadline people have my place in the line and still I get most back in a few weeks. The price for a beautifully done overall pants is 1 per inch. I don't think she takes quilts she has to ship however. Sorry.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:06 AM

Check out Happy Crafters (happycrafters.net, I believe). I have used them several times and been very pleased. Both their prices and turn around time are good.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by indycat32 View Post
That was me. I sent them 4 others after that one. A couple of suggestions: I would ask that they do NOT trim the quilt. Two of my quilts did not have borders and they cut off my seam allowance. If you have a border I would suggest making it slightly wider than you really want it, if you plan on having them trim the quilt. I will also, in future, stick to simpler quilting designs, such as the one on the quilt in the link. It was hard for me to visualize what the design would look like on the quilt from the small pics on their site, and one of the designs I picked was just too compact for my taste. YMMV. But, in the whole, I was pleased. They ship via the US post service, the package is insured, and they require a signature on delivery.
Thank you for the input!
Old 01-06-2016, 10:37 AM

I have used Happy Quilters as well and was more then pleased with their work. They supplied the backing, and batting and binding, about a twin size quilt, and only charged $75.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:43 AM

Do Not Ship USPS. I owned a shipping/mail store for 28 years. Ship either UPS or FED-X. You can use a ground shipping and it will not be much more than the mail BUT you will be able to track immediately and if there is a problem, they will assist you - not have you wait weeks before you can submit loss forms! (It isn't that the post office does not deliver, it is the lack of assistance if there is a problem.) The cost includes $100 insurance and additional insurance is very reasonable. You will also be given a guaranteed delivery date so you can follow the package and immediately alert someone if it doesn't arrive. It is also a good idea to lay plastic bags in the bottom of the box. This provides a barrier from any moisture that comes in contact with the box coming in contact with the contents. If you weigh the package at home, you can pay and print labels on your home computer and simply drop them off at a shipping store - no paying the store surcharges. If you do this, please tape the entire label to the package - do not simply put a bit of scotch tape on the edges - it will rip off. I always include a paper inside with the to/from addresses just in case something happens to the outside of the package. Hope this helps.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:53 AM

I have not sent any quilts, but I have heard great things about their long arm quilting.