Moda

Old 02-08-2012, 04:10 PM

I love Moda fabric. That and Thimbleberries are my 2 favorite fabrics. The quality is outstanding. Never ever had a problem, and have made several of the patterns on their web site. My favorite Moda fabric line is Kansas Troubles.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

been using fabrics from moda for many many years- it depends on where you buy them how much they are- there is a huge difference in prices across the U.S.
ranges from $5 a yard on up to $12 a yard depending on where you are shopping-
Old 02-09-2012, 04:02 AM

Use Moda once and you will allways want Moda it's great to work with and so pretty I have used a few of the patterns too allways with good results.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:05 AM

You get what you pay for. I find Moda of an excellent quality. I love their precuts, but I try to buy all my fabric on sale, if at all possible. I know that if I need a high quality fabric for a certain project I can depend on Moda to fill that requirement. There are other manufacturers that are also high quality, but Moda is a stand-out in my opinion.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:24 AM

I know people who buy mainly Moda fabrics because they like them so much.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:49 AM

Moda is my favorite fabric and I use it a lot. I buy from MSQ on their Daily Deals and on EBay and anyplace that has Moda on sale. It is pricey but I love it. Recently got a lot in Lancaster. Some of it is older prints but still beautiful and 30% off.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:58 AM

I love Moda fabric! I love the feel of it and the prints. I am fortunate that I make samples for my LQS and get the fabric for free. I do buy it for my own projects too.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:21 AM

at two different quilt shop runs i won Moda jelly rolls and they were the same ! 'Sanctuary' it is a very pretty line.

a few months later i happened on an end of bolt sale of the wide back in one of the fabrics in my favorite pale yellow.
I was lovley and great feel to the cloth.

all good, so far until, getting ready for the mystery quilt 01-01-2012 i opened the jelly rolls and oh, my.....the fabric is not the same at all. It felt coarse next to the wide back fabric and the most difference was looking at the back of the strips they are almost white where the color goes thru on the wide back so much you have to double ckeck front and back.....clearly there are different base goods used......the quilt top turned out nice, but sorry I cannot say that I am a 'fan' of Moda fabric.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:22 AM

What is MSCO?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:39 AM

It's no more "pricey" than a lot of quilt shop-quality fabrics. I read the blog at www.modabakeshop.com every day and love the quick and easy ideas for quilts and other projects.