Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Moda's #1 group at Quilt Market last weekend

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryLane View Post
    MY LQS just got back from Market and showed me what she ordered. She stepped outsider her box and ordered this. I was glad. Brights/moderns are so popular. It will extend her customer base and I want that for her.

I could use it in making stuff for younger women. They would love it.
    The sales rep said that when they showed it at Market, it wasn't only the younger people who liked it. She said that it found fans among all age groups.

Personally, my favorite design is the leafy vines. Those, I think, are not such a "big stretch" from some of the more traditional fabrics that I gravitate toward.

I must confess that I have no idea how to use the zigzag prints though. And Moda is not the only company who has those in their line-up. Riley Blake has three sizes of zigzags, and I think Robert Kaufman has one too.

I surprised myself by liking them all. But I do like the eggplant and plum fabrics the best.
    Sweet Caroline

I love the entire fabric line.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

I cannot say that I would use it in one of my quilts.
    ranbro

Slightly off topic. . .
    Do you happen to know if the designer is Vanessa Christienson? I think V and Co. is her company and she's the woman that designed the houndstooth quilt that I absolutely LOVE.

You can see a version someone made in red and white here if you are interested:
    http://sweetwater.typepad.com/makeli.../04/twins.html

BTW. . . I love the fabrics and love the idea of making a picnic blanket and matching outfit for my daughter. Not all fabrics would look good in both.
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work will not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." --Henry David Thoreau

nothing jumps out to me crying make a quilt.

Blog Entries
    love, love, love the border print! Would definitely use it in a border around all those pretty prints!

Blog Entries
    Some of each please. Bags, quilts or just looking and touching. Love Moda fabrics.
    Joy

a year ago I would have walked right past it but i have taken a direct turn towards modern quilts and modern fabrics and I absolutely love it!

The ombre is pretty, but looking at the entire line makes me think I am in the 60's again. Individually, they would be nice - BUT those colors together??Not so much.

I love it , would buy for a quilt. Think it would make a beauty. joyce j

My first impression was "Been there, done that." It gave me a retro feel. I wouldn't buy unless I needed one of the solid colors to go with a traditional print.

I lived the 60's..... been there, done that. But, understand the younger set is all 'crazy' over it these days. I've done so many things for my GD using prints very similar.... so I can see why it's popular. But, I'll pass.

I love it. The colors look very springy.
    Carmen E.

Blog Entries
    ok sign me up I want 1 of each..where do I shop?

Blog Entries
    would love to do a quilt back with the dots...42 inch limitation unless.........pieced with......oh, got an idea

Not my thing. Pieces of the line are pretty.
    Marie

Yes, I love it... I have been looking for it since I saw it on her blog - V and Co. Its called Simply Color - I can't wait to get my hands on it. I have been looking for place to preorder some precuts - I don't want to miss this one. If you check out her blog - she has really cute ideas using the colors -

Oooooh, I love those fabrics! Really gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Jenel Looney
    Assistant to Susan Mallery
    New York Times bestselling author

Blog Entries
    I liked it all-But it does scream, maybe some other time buying for me-I use a lot of Moda for my quilts, and have plenty of Stash to use up first-low on money now that I'm retired, but will buy some if it goes on sale sometime

I am in love with the Bloom quilt! I'm in a civil war, primitive phase right now. This could definitely pull me out of it for a bit. By the time it is released in October I think I'll be ready, i.e.. have some projects off the table! I can't wait.

Those ombres are too die for! I absolutely adore ombre fabric. I used some as the center of a quilt called a Bunch of Squares and it really added something nice to it. These colors are so bright and clear I might have to have the jelly roll but also some yardage as well. There are so many ways to use it in quilts that I can't wait.

Thanks for the preview of it.
    Last edited by AFQSinc; 05-24-2012 at 06:23 AM.

lgc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
    Yes, I love it... I have been looking for it since I saw it on her blog - V and Co. Its called Simply Color - I can't wait to get my hands on it. I have been looking for place to preorder some precuts - I don't want to miss this one. If you check out her blog - she has really cute ideas using the colors -
    I also have been looking online to preorder, as well as asking/requesting it from my LQS.
    I CAN'T WAIT!
    And on the topic of what to do with it? I just want to own it, like most of my fabric purchases, LOL
    lgc

When I saw this fabric I immediately thought of my Grandaughter who will soon graduate from college, and who told me just the other day that her favorite color is orange. I thought yikes! How am I going to make an orange quilt? But when I saw this tangerine, I knew she would love it. Can't wait to be able to purchase it. Thanks so much for sharing new fabrics with us.

a small village about 65 miles north of NYC
    I'm not really a neutral person, but that grey hummed my name - I think I would do something with the greys and a punch of color, maybe the aquatic blue or tangerine - something a little unexpected. but it would have to go to the bottom of the pile, which is getitng higher and higher the more time I spend on this board!
    He who cuts his own wood is warmed twice, but she who makes her own quilt is warmed forever - SLR 11/7/2011

Oh my gosh. I love it. THey are absolutely gorgeous. I would love to make a quilt out of them.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast