Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Moda's #1 group at Quilt Market last weekend

I love the colors! It says "Handbag" to me-I love to make handbags from bright fabrics, although I could see using some of it in a quilt-it would be so colorful.

It's okay, but I'm not sure what makes it their number one collection without seeing the other choices. I don't see anything that "sings" to me in this collection and I really want it to sing before putting in the time to make anything.
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

Blog Entries
    Love it all.... I predict that ombres are going to increase in their use, I have been looking for some and they are hard to find. Using them in a quilt is perfect, one piece of fabric with perfect hue and value...

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kymawmaw View Post
    ok sign me up I want 1 of each..where do I shop?
    Oh, kymawmaw, I have a feeling you will be able to shop all over the place for these fabrics! Since it was Moda's most popular group at Market, I'm sure that lots of stores will be picking up this group. My shop will be carrying at least SOME of the line. It's kind of a stretch for us, we're not much into contemporary/modern but I was checking out the designer's blog and she has all sorts of project ideas, which makes it ever so much more tempting! I mean, who doesn't want to try their hand at making something different from time to time? (Yes, I need to get out of my rut, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    Very cute collection... modern is my style. The collection overall is a rainbow effect, but in prints, so you could work that into a quilt design as they did with the "hexy" quilt shown. Love the versatility of this collection.
    I love the So Hexy quilt. I think I might have to do that one as well as Bloom. I want to do something with hexagons but I know I won't have the patience for a whole quilt. So Hexy will hit the right point, I think. I love the prints, you wouldn't need much of it and they make a huge impact against the white. I can't wait until this comes out!

Blog Entries
    really like it!! all the colorways are winners! would rather have the border on one side so you could actually use the rest of the fabric, but that's a small concern.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I am loving the greens and aquas. I am painting my breakfast room "cooling waters" and my kitchen "crocodile smile". I see placemats, napkins, runner for the bar, maybe even curtains. Great colors and designs!!!

I love them all - they look so fresh and different from so much of what I have seen.

Think they are all really pretty. Would make for some interesting quilts and other things - tote bags, table runners. etc.
    SittingPretty

I love it, love it!! What great art quilts these colors will do.........think outside the box!!
    Chrystina
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning.., Satan shudders & says ..."Oh no....she's awake"

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChrystinapCreations

Blog Entries
    I enjoy the bright colors, and would use them for someone who lives near the beach, or for a girls room. I see sundresses, and maybe place mats and runners more that use for quilts.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

Thanks for this site, love the fabrics, usually not my colors but I want to try something different in a small
    wall-hanging and this would be perfect. Now where to write the info and remember where I put it??

Blog Entries
    I lean toward the more modern designs so I love the whole collection, and the two quilts pictured with it. I rarely buy a set of fabrics, though, as I shop sales almost exclusively, and then design with whatever colors and patterns I like together from my stash. That's a big part of the fun of quilting for me.

I guess it's OK but not the first colors I would choose or designs. There are so many beautiful fabrics, how could this the be top?
    Quilter in training.
    Pat

Wow!!!!!!!!! What great fabrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics View Post
    The sales rep said that when they showed it at Market, it wasn't only the younger people who liked it. She said that it found fans among all age groups.

Personally, my favorite design is the leafy vines. Those, I think, are not such a "big stretch" from some of the more traditional fabrics that I gravitate toward.

I must confess that I have no idea how to use the zigzag prints though. And Moda is not the only company who has those in their line-up. Riley Blake has three sizes of zigzags, and I think Robert Kaufman has one too.
    I'm one of the fans from the older age group - 81 years old. I love modern, having cheerfully lived through the Eames era (still have lots of the great furnishing designs from that time) and wore and sewed with Marimekko fabrics. I appreciate traditional patterns and design, but it's been done - a lot. I've used the ombre in making some potholders and they came out really beautifully. I wouldn't hesitate to use these fabrics in any kind of sewing. Just use your imagination and experiment. Be fearless in combining colors and patterns. Just audition them and they'll fall into place.

I like the fabric, but think along the lines of Home Dec more than quilts. It' make great throw pillows or bags, or chair cushions, things like that. Certainly not designed for more traditional quilting, in my opinion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4