Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Modifying bow tuck construction sequence >

Modifying bow tuck construction sequence

Modifying bow tuck construction sequence

Old 10-04-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by MinnieKat
Originally Posted by kso
I started on my bow tuck bag yesterday and am wondering....Has anyone modified the construction sequence to attach the outside pocket to the upper outside of the bag BEFORE attaching the lower outside of the bag to the upper outside bag? Thus, you would catch the bottom of the pocket in the seam that joins upper and lower outside.

It would make a much cleaner and simpler pocket application.

Additional changes to construction would have to be made to accomodate this major change.
This is the way I have always done it ... my pattern instructs me to do it this way.
Me, too! That's exactly what I was thinking - and trying to figure out if I was remembering it correctly or not. There must be different versions :)
Old 10-04-2010, 06:11 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dgmoby
Originally Posted by MinnieKat
Originally Posted by kso
I started on my bow tuck bag yesterday and am wondering....Has anyone modified the construction sequence to attach the outside pocket to the upper outside of the bag BEFORE attaching the lower outside of the bag to the upper outside bag? Thus, you would catch the bottom of the pocket in the seam that joins upper and lower outside.

It would make a much cleaner and simpler pocket application.

Additional changes to construction would have to be made to accomodate this major change.
This is the way I have always done it ... my pattern instructs me to do it this way.
Me, too! That's exactly what I was thinking - and trying to figure out if I was remembering it correctly or not. There must be different versions :)
Must be different versions.