Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mom's voice in my ear... >

Mom's voice in my ear...

Mom's voice in my ear...

Old 05-10-2011, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by writerwomen
Originally Posted by grandma Janice
I'm glad for you guys who had Mothers who encouraged you, unfortunately mine would always tell me how much better her's were and point out any mistake. I got to the place where I didn't even show her what I did. Count your blessings ladies.
My sister in law had a situation simular to yours. She clung to my parents as an example early on. She is a woman who loves the Lord and I know she has been working daily to ensure their children do not have the same thing- it is hard for her I can se at times as she reacts more sharpely then needed, but she is trying through prayer and continued effort.
I helped take care of her when she was dying and she never once said I love you. she did teach me one thing, to never be critical of my daughter and grandkids, and that I need to tell them I love them as often as I can. I think being a Christian will make the difference.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:22 AM

It isn't so much anything she said but more a way of getting things done. Never let what other people say 'can't be done' stop you from doing whatever you put your mind to. It has been over eight years since she passed (Dec 7, 2002 kinda appropriate) but that 'anything that can be dreampt up can be done' attitude will hopefully be mine from her forever.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:36 AM

We all miss our moms who are gone. Mine has been gone since late 2009 and I miss her every day!

She did not care for sewing tho she did make the clothes for our "barbie" dolls. (ok, it was Skipper and Penney Brite!) Mom hated "Barbie" so she would not buy us one. Barbie was too well built (sexual) for her little girls to play with. Playing with my best friend and her Barbie and Ken dolls, we would make Barbie a "stripper" w/Ken in the audience LOL! shhhhh! Mom never found out!

I digress.....in this age/decades of excess material things in our worlds, mom would always add "we had all of the advantages of being poor!" I think she was probably right too!

Miss you Mom!
sandy
Old 05-11-2011, 05:24 AM

My grandma used to say that. She was the one with all the sayings. I'd ask her Why and she'd say - Y is a crooked letter. She had a million of them. They float around in my head today even though she has been gone more than 40 years. I still miss her

Originally Posted by pattypurple
Mom always said "Every stitch you take on Sunday you'll have to take out with your nose". Don't know where that came from. I don't obey that rule, but still hear her in my head when I do sew on Sunday.

Pat
Old 06-08-2011, 01:24 PM

My Mom is still around; but I can hear things like, "nice girls always carry a handkerchief!"