Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Money Spent

What is the most you have ever spent in ONE shop in ONE day?

I thought I had gone over the top when I shelled out $57.89 and then about a year and a half later I spent over $101.00.

I sure had fun though.........

I once spent about $250 for fabric alone in a shop in Anaheim. I had meant to pay part cash so DH wouldn't find out exactly how much I spent, but got a little flustered (cause my daughter was with me) and just charged the whole thing. It meant that I had to show it all to him. Most of the fabrics were only $2 and $3 per yard so I had a bag so heavy I could barely carry it!!!

Blog Entries
    i'd be embarrassed to admit how much i spend. i'm "proud" of myself if i can keep it under $50. :shock:

Blog Entries
    Ok..you ready....take a big gulp and sit down...Over $4,000. :shock: Of course, it did include my new Bernina :lol: :roll: and of course...just had to have some goodies to use to play with it :wink: Now DH keeps asking ...you ARE about through buying stuff to go with it...aren't you??? :shock:

Money Spent - well let's look at it this way, I don't have to go to Washington and ask for a bailout........LOL :wink:

I'm so glad you're not asking about my groccery bill! LOL!

all you sad was one shop...not fabric
    nope I am NOT going there LOL I will never admit I signed that charge slip nope not going to happen not even with my dying breath :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Fabric shop but it was not for quilting does that count?
    $480
    $260 for quilting but that was after saving and waiting for a sale and had been planned out and LOL
    Doubt that will happen again anytime soon.

joy
    4 Jim's Gem.... I do exactly the same... pay half or just some in cash and then put the rest on the card.... and why not, it's legal and saves an argument. What a laugh though !!!

Oh my what we go through to hide things from hubby. Sounds like an episode of Lucy. She buys a dress and puts it in the closet. When Ricky finds it, she just says that has been hanging there for months.

Oh, and Sandpat, I think you get the prize for the most. I don't think I have spent that much in the last decade.

Hokey smokes, I"m embarrassed to say but I am positive I could take this category--re upholstering sofas and making drapes really eat up the budget :wink:

I spent about $125. And that was just for the top and backing fabric for one quilt!

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    on fabric - about $160 - and that was for my DH's quilt kit which he picked out AT THE STORE and also PAID for with "his" credit card (we have only 2, one he uses mostly for work and one I use for household and personal) so I didn't get into trouble!!! PS, I usually pay for my stash with cash so he can't find out!

joy
    I thought I was the only shrewd one on this planat !!! OOps.....

Quote Originally Posted by gigi2landon
    Money Spent - well let's look at it this way, I don't have to go to Washington and ask for a bailout........LOL :wink:

Isn't that the truth!!!!
    K

Blog Entries
    Over 300.

Me it was over $300.00

I spent a bundle the summer myself and several othe ladies shopped for fabric for our churche's anniversary quilt, a little over $300. I think. It was great fun buying fabric on someone else's dime! :!:

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    I am so thankful I don't have to try to hide anything from DH. He hunts and I sew. We can buy meat cheaper and we could buy blankets cheaper but that is NOT the point.

I'm not sure what the most was at any given time not counting my machine.

I won't tell if you don't tell. We have had some quilt shops go out of business and fabric was 70% off, how can you not buy lots? I took paint samples in with the 4 colors of paint on the sheet and my neices and sisters and daughter and I took several and used them to select fabric. Was it ever fun. Husband didn't ask how much and I didn't tell. Guess I work just as hard for the money.

Blog Entries
    Close to 40,000.00
    I used to make childrens clothes.
    Does that count.

Wow, not sure I want to divulge that information...hubby might stumble onto this site and find out! LOL Actually, he knows what I spend on my addiction and supports it to some degree. Now if I was to not pay the bills and spend the money on quilting stuff, he would sing a different tune. lol

My most expensive venture was 585.00, for a quilt I had quilted. That one hurt! Couldn't buy fabric for over two months after that... I went through withdrawl! LOL

I have to say I was a good spender at my LQS last year...this year I have had to be better:))My theory is there is always a snow storm coming and I have to stock up:))(even in July)I averaged prob around 500-600 a month last year:))The bright side is my LQS allows you to turn your reciepts for every $250 spent, turns into a $25 gift card....does help the ouch of spending more:))I just cashed in 2 of them this morning on thread!:))Skeat........who will tell any vendor if they get greedy at over 10 a yard...I keep walking! I so love the clearance racks!

After reading all this I don't feel so bad. $100.00 a trip is about right and I try to keep it to once a month. Darn it, the fabric store is right next to the grocery store I shop at so once a month seldom happens. :D :D :D Who needs groceries. LOL

I think the average is $100 per trip. Needless to say the trips are not very often. I pay cash so I will go a long time between trips.

Now, my ebay- about $50 a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But, I think I've finally built enough stash of fat quarters to make some of the really scrappy quilts I want to make. I do so love the boxes of fabric- I could just play in them. But, I can stop, I just did last week. I go a couple of months and then look again to see if I can get some bargains.

Today I'm buying a bolt of batting. Never thought I'd get to this, but once I calculated the per yard vs. the lqs, I'm saving close to $2.00 per yard. And I don't have to carry it home, the UPS guy will put it on the porch.

I spent over $250 for fabric and notions on one trip last year. I normally spend $30-40 each time I go to my LQS. I've been trying to be good and haven't been fabric shopping in more than 2 months. :roll:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast