Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: More about Rotor Blades

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sew n' sew
    Being new here, I guess I missed what you all are talking about. Blades from a carpet company? Could someone explain, please? :)
    The blades for the rotary cutters that we use to cut fabric are kind of pricey. So, some insightful person found out that the blades that carpet layers use in their rotary cutters fit our 45mm handles and they are only 2 for $1.49 (? or something like that). Now everyone is making a run on Harbor Freight (that's the only place we found that sells them).

I guess I missed something, not having regular pc usage for several months?
    ...let me see if I understand...there has been a run on rotary cutter blades, bc??? a big spaceship is fixing to suck up all we have available to us?
    So, tons of boarders are becoming rotary blade hoarders?
    Fill me in so i can get the fever, lol.
    Is it like the Disney cartoons,...they are going to be locked in a vault until 20-something :roll: :lol:

aha! I see what the ruckus is about. I don't think we have Harbor Freight here. hmmm?
    Oh, DSIL just told me where! Hot dog, I'm going there next week anyway!!! WOO HOO!
    Dang y'all do come in handy :mrgreen:

Score! I just called my local HF and they have some in stock...oh and my DFIL goes there all the time for free flashlights (coupons in the paper) so I'll ask him to pick them up for me! YEA!!!

Went to the Omaha NE store today- they had lots of blades! And nice helpful clerks.

I didn't know we had one here. Maybe I need to go check it out.

Mine should be in this week that I ordered. I told the guy who ordered them for me what I wanted them for and told him to order a BUNCH because we have a lot of quilters in the area. He said he would.

If they have extras, I am going to buy them for my fellow quilters who asked me to get them some from my guild.

Blog Entries
    After reading all the hoopla about the blades I went to check my stash. I have at least 12 Olfa blades in the package. I think I can wait till all this dies down. But, please leave some for me for next year!

Dee
    What a buy. I use the 45 most of the time and we have a store about 4 miles. Gonna get some.

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilla
    Can you imagine what is going on about the blades we bought from HFT? They are on backorder and probably have no idea why they had such a run on them. They reordered and hoped to sell more, but we are all stacked up for a while and now they are sitting on shelves collecting dust. They have to reorder fromChina. They were such hot cakes, why are they not selling now? Imagine the repercussion of all of this!

Now that 80% of members on this board have already bought some of those blades from HFT my husband started giggling. Can you use pizzacutter blades and can you use those? Can we? How much are they? Carpet layers cannot do their work as they cannot get their blades replaced and then we won't be able to get any pizzas either for lack of cutters.
    What a blast!
    The theory of unknown consequences is hard at work here...

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilla
    Can you imagine what is going on about the blades we bought from HFT? They are on backorder and probably have no idea why they had such a run on them. They reordered and hoped to sell more, but we are all stacked up for a while and now they are sitting on shelves collecting dust. They have to reorder fromChina. They were such hot cakes, why are they not selling now? Imagine the repercussion of all of this!

Now that 80% of members on this board have already bought some of those blades from HFT my husband started giggling. Can you use pizzacutter blades and can you use those? Can we? How much are they? Carpet layers cannot do their work as they cannot get their blades replaced and then we won't be able to get any pizzas either for lack of cutters.
    What a blast!
    The theory of unknown consequences is hard at work here...
    So true, so true.....

Ida
    yahoo! Found a store 10 miles from here. Hope they have some! I was just going to buy some new blades.

Thanks for the 411. They had about a dozen at the HFT on Warner Rd in Tempe, AZ. They were $1.19 w/2 blades. I had to ask another salesperson cause the first one told me the wrong location. I got 8 packs, I'll share with sk. They're really sharp.

Yeah, haven't seen a Harbor Freight here in GA but we'll be traveling to MI & then on to WI next week & you better believe if I see one, WE're STOPPING!
    This weekend we were in an around salvage/discount store in the mountains & found a bowl with the magnet in the tool section. $2. I snagged 2. Looking at the email yesterday & ad from Fons & Porter for the same one! On sale for $5 but reg. price of $8.99! Looks exactly like mine!]We do not have a HFT around here so someone on this board was generous enough to offer to buy some for me and mail it to me. That was so kind of her.[/quote]

Went looking for them at our home repair places and NOT A ONE carries them!!! So will have to order them over the computer.

I copied the Harbor Freight website page showing them on backorder and took it to our local HF--and got a raincheck at the $1.49 price--just in case the next ones come in priced higher:)

rusty

I hope you are not disappointed with HF blades. I ordered the rotary cutter a while back and am very disappointed. It will barely cut paper, will not even make a dent in fabric.

What is HFT? please?

Quote Originally Posted by rustqlts
    I copied the Harbor Freight website page showing them on backorder and took it to our local HF--and got a raincheck at the $1.49 price--just in case the next ones come in priced higher:)

rusty
    Nice move. You are to be commended.

Quote Originally Posted by mizmarymac
    Thanks for the 411. They had about a dozen at the HFT on Warner Rd in Tempe, AZ. They were $1.19 w/2 blades. I had to ask another salesperson cause the first one told me the wrong location. I got 8 packs, I'll share with sk. They're really sharp.
    OK what's the deal? In Oregon and Washington the price is $1.49 a pkg... Oh wait, what am I complaining about? That's still cheaper than JoAnns. LOL
    Disregard......

Well, ladies, I went to HF website and cannot find the blades. What is the secret??
    Patty

Quote Originally Posted by gramblue
    Well, ladies, I went to HF website and cannot find the blades. What is the secret??
    Patty
    Oh Patty,Patty,Patty,
    You didn't get the MEMO?
    The website is out, but you may still find them in the physical stores. You are looking for the Replacement Carpet Cutter Blades. They come 2 to a pkg.
    I have heard on here that the website is all on backorder ( one gal said til October)and most all of the stores are either out or really close to it. I have a raincheck for 10 pkg and they say that it will be about a week.
    Good luck..

I found only three packs at HF store in Huntsville AL.

The sign had $1.49 but the amount she charged didn't agree with the figure in my head. When I looked at my receipt they were $1.19......discount!

Quote Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmarymac
    OK what's the deal? In Oregon and Washington the price is $1.49 a pkg... Oh wait, what am I complaining about? That's still cheaper than JoAnns. LOL
    Disregard......
    The sign had $1.49 but the amount she charged didn't agree with the figure in my head. When I looked at my receipt they were $1.19......discount!

I'm new to this, so what is the difference in these blades you speak of and regular rotary blades?? Is this something I need to scour GA for??

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast