Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: More about Rotor Blades

Can you imagine what is going on about the blades we bought from HFT? They are on backorder and probably have no idea why they had such a run on them. They reordered and hoped to sell more, but we are all stacked up for a while and now they are sitting on shelves collecting dust. They have to reorder fromChina. They were such hot cakes, why are they not selling now? Imagine the repercussion of all of this!

Now that 80% of members on this board have already bought some of those blades from HFT my husband started giggling. Can you use pizzacutter blades and can you use those? Can we? How much are they? Carpet layers cannot do their work as they cannot get their blades replaced and then we won't be able to get any pizzas either for lack of cutters.
    What a blast!

Blog Entries
    so funny!

HA HA HA HA, now there's a thought! I went Saturday and bought six packs. That is all our's had and they didn't know where they were. I had to hunt for them. Young and dumb, and didn't care for texting. I could have been a terrorist and they wouldn't have noticed. I don't think there was but one mature person in that store. I took all they had and probably would have taken more if they'd had them. No one even cared, can you believe, no one. And, probably still in the blind. That's good for us, though.

Blessings,
    Ruth

Blog Entries
    As soon as they realize it's quilters buying them, they'll raise the price.

Probably I bought six packs on Friday at our Harbor Freight store the clerk did ask me if I needed a cutter to go with them.

I called the HF near me yesterday but the girl that answered didn't know what she was looking for and told me that they had them and the price was $3.49 for 1. I called today and the man knew what I was talking about and looked but they were all sold out. I called the store on the other side of town and he didn't even look, he said they were out and asked if I was using the blades for fabric. So the word about the blades, spread like fire.

I guess I missed the other thread about rotary blades being cheaper at Harbor Freight.
    Do they sell different sizes?
    I usually only buy the 60mm.
    I'll have to go over there and buy some.

I bought mine yesterday. Today, I will give them a try.

I got mine on Friday. They had 5 packs and I bought 4 of them--figured I'd leave one in case a carpet cutter needed one fast! lol They worked great!

Last week I went to our HF, which happens to be right next to Hancock Fabrics, and the ones they had in the right size had saw teeth. Would someone scan and post the package for me? Thanks so much.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrspete
    HA HA HA HA, now there's a thought! I went Saturday and bought six packs. That is all our's had and they didn't know where they were. I had to hunt for them. Young and dumb, and didn't care for texting. I could have been a terrorist and they wouldn't have noticed. I don't think there was but one mature person in that store. I took all they had and probably would have taken more if they'd had them. No one even cared, can you believe, no one. And, probably still in the blind. That's good for us, though.

Blessings,
    Ruth
    Omg, I can't stop laughing! HAHAHAHAHAHA

JJs
    Banned
    We drove considerable miles to go to our "local" HF store... but I did get 7 packages plus one with the handle just to see what it was - it does come with three blades...

Yesterday we were in WM and I made a point to go see how much blades were in there $4.59 for ONE BLADE. That's ridiculous - at the most it's about .0000001 worth of steel. Talk about majorly ripping people off.

A few people keep asking about whether these blades will cut the mat. Now really, I don't GET that question. If the blade is dull enough to not mar the mat, it's too dull to use. And my mat is showing lots of wear and tear before I ever even heard of these HF blades (this is the BIG white mat from Joanns) Haven't tried cutting on a green or grey mat yet.

Blog Entries
    Well I don't mind if they stock up, there are still a lot of us out here that don't have any yet.

Sorry all this sound :lol: but could someone say again abount the blades?

Blog Entries
    We do not have a HFT around here so someone on this board was generous enough to offer to buy some for me and mail it to me. That was so kind of her.

Oh my husabnd was already eyeing the pizza cutter too. LOL Well I am still waiting for my blades. Some one bought all last 9 of them at the store close by. DH did buy some of the actual cutters because they come with three blades and are still lots cheaper then the brand name ones. So no worries some of us will go and buy them when they are back in. I am just worried they will be expensive then.

The guy at the store did tell DH, "All these old ladies are buying them all up!" LOL

DH didn't enlighten him.

Well the way I see it, if there are no carpet cutting blades to be found. My brother will stay in business. He has a hardwood floor business in Michigan. :)

Being new here, I guess I missed what you all are talking about. Blades from a carpet company? Could someone explain, please? :)

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Score!!!!! I am on my way to go get the last 7 pkg of blades from HF in Vancouver,WA. in just a moment. I talked to a very nice man at a store by my house and he checked online for me to see what stores if any had them.He did mention that there are still some available in the Carolinas. Just a heads up if anyone lives there. See ya soon, I'm on a short road trip!!! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by sew n' sew
    Being new here, I guess I missed what you all are talking about. Blades from a carpet company? Could someone explain, please? :)
    Sure,
    Harbor Freight tools carries round carpet blades that fit on the 45mm rotory cutters. They cost $1.49 for 2 blades. There is a feeding frenzy going on around the US for all the HF stores looking for them. LOL and there ya have it...

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Oh my husabnd was already eyeing the pizza cutter too. LOL Well I am still waiting for my blades. Some one bought all last 9 of them at the store close by. DH did buy some of the actual cutters because they come with three blades and are still lots cheaper then the brand name ones. So no worries some of us will go and buy them when they are back in. I am just worried they will be expensive then.

The guy at the store did tell DH, "All these old ladies are buying them all up!" LOL

DH didn't enlighten him.
    "old ladies" Indeed ;)

He should have said Old smart ladies! Ha,ha

carpet blades from Habor Freight
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks, finch.

You are very welcome.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast