Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: More on lighting option questions

More on lighting option questions

Has anyone tried an alternative to Ott and Verilux lighting as follows? I'm exploring products by Full Spectrum Solutions, in particular the ceiling fixture UltraLux® Designer Series 2 Lamp T5. I have trouble with the floor lamp staying positioned near the fabric being sewn while machine stitching and felt a ceiling mounted fixture would be worth trying.

Blog Entries
    Here is a link to the ceiling fixture for those who might want to take a look:
    http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com...res_35_ctg.htm

I used to have a couple of Ott lamps (gave both to my sister) but never cared for the color of the light from them. Although you would probably get less light on your project from a ceiling fixture, the quality of the light from the UltraLux looks very good.

Found this article which I also think is interesting, although she chose a different light for her photography work:
    http://www.needlenthread.com/2012/12...-lighting.html

My sister got me the Inspired LED sewing machine kit for Christmas. It was very easy to install on the machine and is so bright. I was very surprised at how much light that thing puts out. It comes with 25 inches of the LED ribbon so I also got a expansion kit for it so I was able to put it on 2 machines. Very impressed so far.

Stella girl, here. I have 2". I have not plugged in my OTTS since I bought my Stella light. 11 1/2 foot cord! Love it.
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Stella girl? Explain please....
    Never mind looked it up....interesting, but a bit pricey.........
    Last edited by Geri B; 12-27-2014 at 06:15 AM.

To me nothing compares to the brightness of an OTT. I love mine. I still use it even though my machine is well lit by itself
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

I have a LED ceiling fixture with 3 bullets. One is facing my machine and the other two face my cutting board. I have an Ott light over my sewing machine and for hand quilting I use a day light bulb in my regular floor lamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Stella girl? Explain please....
    Never mind looked it up....interesting, but a bit pricey.........
    3 levels of spectrum, low heat, 12 year bulb, flexible neck.

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)