Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Morsbags >

Morsbags

Morsbags

Old 03-04-2014, 10:04 AM

Default Morsbags

Anyone out there making morsbags ? Sometime ago my group made quite a lot, then I moved.Now I have started up again after joining a local craft group through the U3A.Most of the ladies cross stitch,knit or emboider,I am the only one doing patchwork/quilting.However people have started donating fabric-- old curtains etc.It is fun,keeps me busy and hopefully when the bags are given away -- free-- will help stop the use of plastic shopping bags.Any Morsbag makers out there- Hi- it would be lovely to hear from you. Love Letty.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:12 AM

What is a morsbag?
Old 03-04-2014, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by oneteappot View Post
What is a morsbag?
I didn't know what they were either but a quick Google search came up with this. http://www.morsbags.com
Old 03-05-2014, 09:35 AM

Hi, hopefully some of you will see this message,I know that there are many 'pods' making these bags in the U.S.A. it is so im[portant that the use of plastics is reduced.Those of us that love fabric I am sure could take up this cause and get sewing ! Love Letty
Old 03-06-2014, 06:48 PM

I just looked at the website but haven't yet gone any farther. They look very interesting but I need to watch videos etc. when my brain is at it's clearest o)) Notice I didn't claim it was ever totally clear. Between fibrofog, age and tiredness the poor old thing has to go to bed these days much earlier than my grandchildren. Subscribed to so I can easily check back. Joyce in DE
Old 03-07-2014, 12:34 AM

Great idea! I have only used reusable shopping bags for years. Last year my daughter and I made reusable produce bags for bringing home fresh produce rather than plastic bags and get compliments on them every time I go to the grocery store. Just be sure to use see through mesh so the checkers can see the produce codes.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:34 AM
Power Poster

What a great idea.....I love the idea of randomly giving them out ....on the quiet (I am a bit shy sometimes). Sort of like the Guerilla Gardening that goes on. Think I shall order some labels and get "morsbagging" (with a quilty theme of course).
Old 03-07-2014, 04:13 AM

thank you for giving heads up on this. I am starting on one.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:35 AM

Great project!
Old 03-07-2014, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
What a great idea.....I love the idea of randomly giving them out ....on the quiet (I am a bit shy sometimes). Sort of like the Guerilla Gardening that goes on. Think I shall order some labels and get "morsbagging" (with a quilty theme of course).
That is great !!! I give them out to neighbours .Also I belong to the local U.3.A , I'm sure that is known in the U.S.A too.It means the University of the third age, groups of people over the age of 50 who meet to share knowledge ,ranging from languages,art, crafts, history and walking sports etc.Now of course it includes computor skills.My craft group starts at around 50 yrs to 86yrs.We have coffee mornings plus a speaker, that is when I also give out Morsbags.It is never too late to start to be aware of saving the planet,plus those who can't sew often donate fabric such as old curtains.Spread the word. Love Letty.