Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Most favored colors in a quilt >

Most favored colors in a quilt

Most favored colors in a quilt

Old 09-27-2019, 03:24 AM

I'm with Watson, make a quilt you like. It's so hard working on something that is not your style. If I were making a raffle quilt, I would go with a scrappy batik. But that's my style. You could also see what's in your local quilt store. I know when shop hopping, there are some areas that have almost no batiks but lots of civil war era fabrics. Here in Florida, it's water colors. I would go with a throw size. When it gets into bed size quilts, suddenly you have to match someone's bedroom. A throw can be put anywhere.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:43 AM

The tops that sold the best at the recent sale here in Amish country were black and white. Busy prints made into an intricate design.

We've graduated from the wine and navy, the green and purple is on it's way out,
Old 09-28-2019, 02:36 PM

My quilt guild does raffle quilts every year. The one that seem to sell the best have stars in them. We've had success with most of our quilts regardless of color, although we probably had more limited success when we did a black and orange one, but still made money. This year is a string quilt with black background - it is stunning. We sell tickets for $1 or 6 for $5, but we also market it from January to our October guild meeting.