Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Most likely getting a Kenmore Machine - Reviews? >
  • Most likely getting a Kenmore Machine - Reviews?

• Most likely getting a Kenmore Machine - Reviews?

Old 03-07-2010, 07:54 PM
    Power Poster

Congrats! You will love it!
    Old 03-08-2010, 12:38 PM

I have 2. Not computerized. HAd one since 1969 or 70 & the other one since about 1985. Both still work great.
    Old 03-08-2010, 01:04 PM

I used a Kenmore from 1981 until 2007 when I treated myself to a Viking 850. I still use my Kenmore. It's really sturdy, so I do the heavy fabric repairs on it, Carhardts, jeans etc. I'm sure you'll love the Kenmore.
    Old 03-08-2010, 01:25 PM

This is a great price - I bought a Kenmore about 10 years ago and still have it. I have no complaints about it - it is my take-along machine since I also have a Bernina which is so heavy it stays put. My Kenmore is not computerized and back then I paid $299 for it at Sears.
    Old 03-08-2010, 06:04 PM

Look down at the bottom of the page (the link to the sewing machine in the original post. Looks like they sell a quilters kit with the walking foot, etc for a good price.
    Old 03-08-2010, 06:15 PM

Did a little sewing on the new machine tonight ... Loooove it!! I didn't even do anything big and I am so impressed. The only qualm I have is they don't have a 1/4 inch line, they have 1/8, 3/8 and 5/8 and small ticks for 1/4 inch, but nothing big enough for me to feel like I can hit it consistently. I am going to have to check out some stuff around the web about how to put the tape down or something .... or see if they have the foot with the 1/4 inch guide. But other than that this machine just feels more solid than my Singer, I think we will have many blissful years together!!

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Old 03-09-2010, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I found out all the Kenmore brands are made by White who makes Janome and Brother and some others. I have sewn on the high end Kenmore and it was a dream to use. You can't beat the price for the features offered. I probably will buy a Kenmore my next new machine. I don't want to have thousands invested in a sewing machine I'll have to use for years and not get a new one when I wanted it.
    I agree
    Old 03-09-2010, 04:34 AM

I still have my Kenmore I purchased when I was 18, almost 30 years ago. Still have all the original parts and instruction book. Even the styrafoam it came in. I only had to replace the foot peddle after about 25 years. The other was getting hot so I thought it best to replace. It is still going strong. I hope you enjoy your new machine.
    Old 03-09-2010, 05:03 AM

I just bought, about 3 months ago, a Kenmore Machine. It is just one step down from the one you are looking at. I love it. Very smooth sewing. Very quite. Embroidery stitches beautiful.
    Old 03-09-2010, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
    Did a little sewing on the new machine tonight ... Loooove it!! I didn't even do anything big and I am so impressed. The only qualm I have is they don't have a 1/4 inch line, they have 1/8, 3/8 and 5/8 and small ticks for 1/4 inch, but nothing big enough for me to feel like I can hit it consistently. I am going to have to check out some stuff around the web about how to put the tape down or something .... or see if they have the foot with the 1/4 inch guide. But other than that this machine just feels more solid than my Singer, I think we will have many blissful years together!!

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Yes, you can get a 1/4" foot. I think I got mine on line at Sears.com I don't remember the price, it was a long time ago, but I do remember that it was not expensive at all. I also bought the quilting foot at the same time. Love them both.