Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: MOTHS

Need I say more....I found two of them in my sewing room last night at about midnight.

I am going to wash all my fabric and seal it.

Quote Originally Posted by seamstome
    Need I say more....I found two of them in my sewing room last night at about midnight.

I am going to wash all my fabric and seal it.
    you need cedar sachets, pm me

I had to work today so I will get them tonite.

Blog Entries
    Are moths a problem for cotton?

I dont know but I dont want to find out with all of the batiks in that closet!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    Are moths a problem for cotton?
    moths will eat any kind of fabric they can. I make cedar sachets and put them in my room. They are good to keep other insects away too.

Blog Entries
    lavender will work too...

Blog Entries
    I am glad that you found them before there was a problem :D:D:D

OklahomaSuzie

you need cedar sachets, pm me[/quote]

How about the recipe?????

Yes, yes. I want to recipe too.

It's not a secret, you need fresh cedar like the ones I make. I have a good supplier. I can sell some to anyone that wants.

Banned
    Something I never thought of before with my studio out back and all. Sometimes they fly in if I am out there at night and I have the door open.

Thats okay I have something for them........

Billy
    Attached Images Attached Images

lol cute

Only certain types of moths eat wool or cotton. If they were just regular old miller moths you don't need to worry about them.

LOL - I call my husband MOTH, it means Man Of the House - it is an ironic title, as on our first night as man and wife, he was running around the bedroom screaming like a scalded cat and pointing to the corner above our bed. It was a huntsman spider, and I, in my wedding night finery, had to remove the spider and take it down the road. While he cowered in a corner, and screeched at me to get rid of it. And he insisted I squash it and have a shower afterwards. Not quite the wedding night I had planned, but it still brings a smile to my face everytime I think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day
    LOL - I call my husband MOTH, it means Man Of the House - it is an ironic title, as on our first night as man and wife, he was running around the bedroom screaming like a scalded cat and pointing to the corner above our bed. It was a huntsman spider, and I, in my wedding night finery, had to remove the spider and take it down the road. While he cowered in a corner, and screeched at me to get rid of it. And he insisted I squash it and have a shower afterwards. Not quite the wedding night I had planned, but it still brings a smile to my face everytime I think of it.
    lol

That is so damn funny!

Thanks for my LOTD {laugh of the day}

oh, rainy, just too, too funny for words! When I saw the title of this post, I thought of you right away, with the MOTH.

Oh my!!! That sounds so like my DH & sons now! I'm the one to get rid of spiders, snakes, mice, you name it! I got a good laugh, thanks!