Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Muliple quilts >

Muliple quilts

Muliple quilts

Old 07-13-2015, 01:13 PM

My mother used to say I was a true Gemini - it is very hard for me to do just one thing at a time. I have a quilt on my hoop for hand quilting, a quilt I just finished machine quilting and getting ready to put the binding on today, and there is a baby tumbling blocks I have been taking along on trips to do while traveling and just recently added a GFG to do, and I have cut out a Trip-Around- the- World Halloween quilt, and bought the fabric to machine embroider a quilt my daughter has planned as a wedding present for her friend I helped make a t-shirt quilt. (There are a few more UFO's but they aren't in line to be worked on now.)

When I watch TV - I am either on the computer or sewing. Sometimes I will even read a book while watching TV - that really drives my husband crazy, he doesn't seen how anyone can read and watch tv. This coming from a man that can play the drums - which takes both hands and both feet each doing something different! I can't do that! Oh, he can sing while doing that too.

Sometimes when I have trouble getting to sleep I will think about designing my next quilt. Not sure why that don't wake me up more, maybe it is the thought of the wonderful designs and fabric is truly relaxing, but it helps sometimes.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 07-13-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:41 PM

I'm alternating between 3 at the moment, a huge tee shirt quilt I hope to finish by Christmas, a baby blanket I hope to finish by the end of the month, and a not quite so huge tee shirt quilt with no deadline.

In general, I tend to have big ongoing projects, with smaller, easy to finish projects running alongside. Having the smaller ones finished helps give me a sense that yes, I am finishing things, and gives me the encouragement to keep at it on the bigger projects.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:03 PM

I have 20 some ufos - mainly because I got into a tough spot or got bored and moved on. I have limited time for sewing right now so I am focusing on finishing one project at a time.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:43 PM

I always have multiples going, some days I feel like regular piecing, some I paper piece, sometimes applique or quilt.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:48 PM

I'm with you IrishgalfromNJ. I can't work on more than one at a time but I always have the next ready to go as soon as I finish the last one.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:31 PM

I have two on the quilt frame and 2 that need to be quilted, one I just finished piecing today. I just looked threw some fabric that needs to be used for charity quilts that I can't wait to start.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:36 PM

I have never in my life focused on one project. Why start now? I did finally set the smaller "travel" machine up so at least two work stations are ready without a lot of set up time. One of the few advantages of being single. I have a dedicated sewing room and the only penalty to leaving projects out, is cat fur.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:36 PM

Yup, I'm a multiple quilt type of gal. I usually have one in the piecing stage, one in the quilting stage (hand or machine), sometimes one that needs the bindng sewn down and I always have a forever project that goes with me to appointments or watching TV.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:46 AM

I usually am only piecing one quilt at a time, but I may have one or more ready to sandwich and/or quilt and often have my next one ready to cut.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:52 AM
Power Poster

Many times I work on more than one quilt at a time. That is probably why I have so many UFO's in my cupboards