Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Multiple projects >

Multiple projects

Multiple projects

Old 07-23-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by macygma
Yep. I currently am behind on 2 projects (mystery quilt & a BOM) and need to finish one grandson quilt, the fans I showed y'all several months ago (Hey! don't need them until December!) And completely make another one for December craft raffle. Why oh why do I do this??
Your mind is working faster then your hands?
Old 07-23-2011, 06:21 PM

I find myself having to work on only one project otherwise I get frustrated easily.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by wolfkitty
There are a few out there who have commented on the board here. I am not one of them. I usually get to one place or another on a quilt and either get stuck or bored. Or sometimes I just get really interested in something new. So I start a new project, with the plan to go back to the previous one, which sometimes happens, sometimes not. And the UFO pile deepens.
You could have described me!!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:18 PM

I usually have half a dozen in various stages of completion. What can I say............I get bored easily!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:45 PM

I quilt and sew, so I have quite a few projects going at one time.
I like to piece when I go to a quilt retreat. So I cut out 2 or 4 projects to take with me. I usually spend about half a day on each one. I usually stick with those projects until I get all of the blocks pieced. Then I have to be in the mood to put the blocks together. I may have several hanging on my design wall waiting for the borders to be put on. Then I wait until I am in a real creative mood to put them on my long arm and quilt them. In between I will be working on a table runner... maybe matching placemants or napkins... or some other smaller projects, also. Some days you want to start and finish something.I think I would wonder what was wrong with someone that only worked on one project at a time!
Old 07-24-2011, 02:07 AM

When I was younger I used to work on multiple projects to keep me interested, but DH always got on me about it. Now I try really hard to stick to just one at a time & he rewards me by allowing me to go on a sewing spree from time to time. That generally keeps me on track..I love fabric!! LOL!
Old 07-24-2011, 11:55 AM

I always have more than quilt going at one time. From time to time my creative juices get stuck in the pulp of my thinking or I just plain get tired of working the same block. I then switch to another project and keep moving ahead. I have 5 quilts in one stage of another of completion. But they will all be finished by..... let's say the holidays. Not sure which holidays, but this year, 2011 any way.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 AM

How do any of you get any quilting done when you're on the computer so much lol..
By the time I read these posts there are already 5,6,7 + pages to go through. Some of you are really fast at getting out the replys....you should be quilting (:0)
Old 07-25-2011, 08:17 AM

I don't read every reply and I don't read every posting. For instance I often skip old and new sewing rooms or spaces. I'll look at those when I have the chance to redo mine. I skip the featherweight topics. Not an option for me at this time.

On the other hand I never skip the photos of board member work. I love to see what others have been doing. I use it as my "coffee break" at work and sometimes even my lunch break.

What really takes time is when I do reply to a message and for several days I keep getting the replies from others.

I'd never get my work done if all I did was read the postings.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:17 PM

Absolutely, have 2 going now, not too bad.