Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My attempts at FMQ +  UGGGHHHH!!!! >

My attempts at FMQ + UGGGHHHH!!!!

My attempts at FMQ + UGGGHHHH!!!!

Old 02-01-2014, 06:42 AM

First off, take a deep breath. And repeat after me "I AM GOOD" now, keep repeating that to yourself....eventually you will believe it.

The way we talk to ourselves in our head, **shaking head** I know if any other person said those things to me, I would have to bailed out of jail So stop doing it. What you do in your work is NOT a reflection of who you are.

Talent is overrated, and generally not an assigned attribute until someone has literally spent thousands of hours doing something to perfect it. So give yourself a break. Lets see if we can explain what FMQ on a DSM is equivalent to....
So basically you are trying to draw a design on a full sandbag with a mechanical pencil (ie very delicate lead) While moving the sandbag under the pencil. Meanwhile the speed of the pencil and sandbag is controlled by 2 different parts of your body (hands/feet) and you want said design to be perfect? lol relax hon.....the very fact that you dropped your feed dogs and slipped that fabric under the foot....that is more than MOST of the people on the planet will ever do.

Think about it this way, why would any one paint a picture when picasso, da vinci, michaelangelo, etc, have painted pictures? So basically you are trying to accomplish something very few people have done, a something that requires skill to do, and you want to beat yourself up about it? Seems kinda silly

sit down, remember that more than 3/4 of the WORLD havent done nearly as much as you are doing,
remember that the inner voice is rather mean and not very truthful!
Enjoy the process, what you are doing is truly a skill and you are doing great! And in the end, who wants a picasso? you would be terribly afraid to even use it I want my works of art to be loved and used! HUGS! You can do anything you decide to do. The only thing stopping you is YOU!
Old 02-01-2014, 07:43 AM

i don't even know what it's supposed to look like. i mean that.

is the fmq goal perfectly even stitches? not a bump or jerk in any of the lines?

what we see as quilters and what other people see are two wildly different things.

i see practice blocks that are more than quilt ready. what are you seeing that we are not? and we ARE quilters! ha!

aileen
Old 02-01-2014, 07:59 AM

Looks better than my FMQ and that hasn't stopped me yet!