Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Bailey arrived

Okay some of you have suffered with me all week waiting for my new Bailey home quilter to arrive via ups, it was delivered Friday evening. My sweet husband went walked down our street where the ups truck was parked and asked if he had my package, thank goodness he did, address was incorrect and delivery guy was trying to find us, so hubby told him i had been anxiously waiting all week. So I worked all day today and will play with my new toy tomarrow!!! Yippeeeee!! It's all set up and waiting for me :)

bkb
    Congrats, enjoy and create!

Congratulations! I wish you & your Bailey many many happy stitches & quilts together. I'm very happy for you.

Enjoy!!!!

Congrats! I've been anxious to get my frame set up and try mine out too. Please keep us posted on how it goes. I'm excited for you! Guess we all know what you'll be doing today...

Blog Entries
    Congrats to the proud mom!
    Have you named her yet?!

Congrats. I hope you enjoy it.

Yea!!!

Pam
    Good for you! Have fun.

Have fun and please show us your creations.

Aw, congrats!!!!!!!!!!

OH I am soooo glad you your new toy has arrived! I'll bet she is a beauty! While you are busy enjoying her, don't forget to post pics!!! (I am working to get my new Juki and frame set up...it is a process though, but well worth it!)

Blog Entries
    congratulations! I am glad your hubby walked down to the ups truck

when I send things by ups, I put the phone # on the sender and receiver!

YEA!! Hope you have wonderful time using it!!

Thanks, I have only had time to play with her today and she keeps jamming with needle down sounds like needle hits the metal n gets stuck, I'm working a 12hr shift tomarrow so Tuesday I will call chuck at Bailey sewing, it's probably something I did, hopefully an easy fix. Nursie76 I hope u get your system running soon too!

Quote Originally Posted by trif
    Thanks, I have only had time to play with her today and she keeps jamming with needle down sounds like needle hits the metal n gets stuck, I'm working a 12hr shift tomarrow so Tuesday I will call chuck at Bailey sewing, it's probably something I did, hopefully an easy fix. Nursie76 I hope u get your system running soon too!
    Thanks so much! Once I learn, I am definitely going to explore a Bailey...so I will be interested in your experience.

It sounds like your hook may not be properly placed. I would take it and the bobbin case out and reinsert them. Then try moving the flywheel by hand and see if it hits on anything. Or, you may be moving the machine to fast, try slowing down with it and see if that helps.

Thanks for the ideas born2sew, however already tried all of that, I tried n tried and rethread and replaced and went slow then normal, it doesn't jam with each stitch just after a few minutes maybe actiming issue? I'm sure it's some silly little thing that will make me go dahhh, at least I hope so.

I don't know anything about your machine, but i wonder if the needle could be in wrong? Hmmm....sure hope you get it straightened out soon, nothing worse than a toy without the batteries (ya know, cause ya can't play).

Blog Entries
    MY GUESS: thread going through needle incorrectly...:)
    (from someone who doesn't know what a Bailey is!)
    only had that same problem with a sewing machine (sewed a few and then jammed).

Good luck! - Please post pictures or website if you get time. 'When I grow up' I want to become a big machine quilter. LOL

I haven't used mine on a frame yet. The day it came I set it up on a table and just 'played' doing free motion with it. Didn't have any problems with it that way.

Hopefully Chuck will be able to figure it out for you and you won't have to send the machine back to him. That would be a pain in the neck.

I am so sorry you are having problems with it. Please keep us posted.

Did you get one of the classroom machines or a new one?
    I chose a classroom machine thinking that if there had been any problems they would have been worked out then, thus hopefully avoiding issues when I started using it.

trif, I got a Bailey last month and went through the very same problems you're describing. Even had a machinist friend look at it to be sure I had it put together correctly. After several days and several phone calls to Chuck Bailey, he sent me a replacement machine. I feel for you - it's sooo frustrating after waiting all that time for it to arrive!

Thank you all for your support, it's always frustrating when it doesn't work out perfect. I hope I don't have to send back and wait for new one, I'm off work tomarrow so I will call chuck and post what he says, I'm sure once it's fixed or replaced I will be thrilled to quilt with the Bailey. The little sewing I did with her was fun. I'm holding on to those happy memories and wishing for more to come.

Where is the picture of the baby??? :roll:

Good luck. I have heard that Chuck is great to work with and will do all in his power to get you up and running. We will be waiting to hear what the problem was.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast