Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My congratulations and support to all the people who run this Board! >

My congratulations and support to all the people who run this Board!

My congratulations and support to all the people who run this Board!

Old 11-03-2011, 05:32 AM

Am appreciative of all the help hints that have come from the moderators and QB members. Have wriiten several down. Haven't been on much lately, but, with time, will surive
I have a question....haven't found the answer yet on some of these threads. I want to be able to change the color AFTER I've read something so I don't have to click on the same thing again and again (my fault)....Anyway, one member said to take your browser and click on IE and it changes the color. Well, I cannot seem to locate IE....does anyone out there know what to do? Thanking you in advance.....;=
Old 11-03-2011, 05:35 AM

I'm not sure what problems folks have been having, other than maybe having to look around a bit to find what you are looking for... The new look is much more current when compared to how other sites look.

This is, by far, the most active and helpful board I've ever seen. If I were having problems, I'd wait for things to settle down a bit and try to get used to the changes before leaving. There just isn't anyplace else like this, and I'd hate to be without it!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:47 AM

Change is hard for everyone. More so for those of us who are not "up with the latest computer terms or processes"
It seems to me the biggest issues are 1. font size (has gotten enlarged, thanks) 2. Color of background, since the members were happy with the previous light beige, maybe that could be a consideration by the designers 3. Biggest problem for me is not having read topics change color. 4. Bookmarking is also a problem, was so easy before, now seems more difficult.
Maybe if the designers could address and hopefully make adjustments on these issues all of us would feel more comfortable and therefore be willing to take the time to learn the other features.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:49 AM

I think we will get used to it with time. Most people don't like change but I'm flexible, I'll get used to it
Old 11-03-2011, 06:00 AM

Default Changes to the Board

I've gotten a lot of help here from members, everyone has been very accomodating and I'm so thankful for the site. I like the Log-In at the top of the page when you are notified that you have a message and also like the ability to use your mouse to see what topics are about. I'm finding my way around. I really missed the QB being down, so glad you are back. The relationships between quilters is very special, have a feeling some may be back if they leave, can't find love and friendship just anywhere.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:24 AM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Originally Posted by Sally J View Post
Change is hard for everyone. More so for those of us who are not "up with the latest computer terms or processes"
It seems to me the biggest issues are 1. font size (has gotten enlarged, thanks) 2. Color of background, since the members were happy with the previous light beige, maybe that could be a consideration by the designers 3. Biggest problem for me is not having read topics change color. 4. Bookmarking is also a problem, was so easy before, now seems more difficult.
Maybe if the designers could address and hopefully make adjustments on these issues all of us would feel more comfortable and therefore be willing to take the time to learn the other features.
I agree with this..I think if this were easier to read, most of us would take the time to use it. That would be a simple fix I think. Other than that is follows the format of most other such sites...liked the "old time" one better, but if I could read this with my old eyes, I would stay with the Board...guess I will check in from time to time to see how things progress. For now, I do not need the headache I feel developing.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:27 AM

If those who are dissatisfied and left would pretend they had just found this board, they would get used to it. Sorry they gave up so soon. I love the new look. I'll get used to everything else. (At least they don't change things up on here as often as Facebook changes. Grrrr! And we stick with Facebook.) Thanks Quilt Board for trying to make things better for all.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

The more I explore the better it gets. This board has always been like a quilt a warm and safe place! I hope everyone adjusts, just give it a chance.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by KathyKat View Post
So far I like it! I just wish the background was a light gray rather than white. Pictures are much clearer now Love all the text formatting options.
There is a brightness button on the top line of your keyboard. There is a larger symbol that looks like a sun to make the page brighter and a small sun to make it less bright. I just dimmed the keyboard and now my eyes aren't watering and hurting from the screen.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:48 AM

I am still trying to learn where to get my questions answered. When I sometimes click on a topic I receive the following message: vBulletin Message: Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.
Can someone tell me what it means or where I can find the information? I went to Help and don't seem to find it.