Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Darling? Husband >

My Darling? Husband

My Darling? Husband

Old 02-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Power Poster

I am sure you are not the only one. I am blessed in that my husband is very supportive. I am sorry about your DH vocalizing his dislike. I do think you need to keep going and I agree it is important to have an outlet. Praying your husband will find something for himself and soon. Seems like the tv is not making him happy. You think he could be jealous? Sorry and hugs. I would love to see the quilt you finnished as I am sure others on the board would.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by moms_pantry
Wow! That seems kind of harsh. My DH enjoys hunting so it's kind of a trade off. However, my sewing room in currently our bedroom and my sewing table is blocking his gun cabinet so he has decided to build me a new sewing room so that he can have his gun cabinet back.
Hehehehehe Now that is a way to get a studio of your own.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:56 AM

I decided that maybe I didn't include my..um..ok..dh in my quilt projects and weve only been married couple of years & I had never made him a quilt. So, I decided that for Valentines Day, I would do just that. He said,"Oh. It's a quilt." No thanks, no nothing, just Oh. I won't make that mistake again. Thanks for leetting me vent, I feel better.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Originally Posted by moms_pantry
Wow! That seems kind of harsh. My DH enjoys hunting so it's kind of a trade off. However, my sewing room in currently our bedroom and my sewing table is blocking his gun cabinet so he has decided to build me a new sewing room so that he can have his gun cabinet back.
Hehehehehe Now that is a way to get a studio of your own.
Yes. I should have thought of it earlier. :) He really is very supportive of my quilting though. (As long I a am not trying to sew when he is trying to sleep.)
Old 02-14-2011, 07:33 AM

I am blessed because my husband goes to our local quilt store and buys me gift cards for Christmas and my birthday. I try to spend time with him every evening watching TV and have decided to start applique so I have some hand work to do. He helped me set up my sewing room and bought tables for me. I am very lucky!
P.S. He goes to bed at 8:00 every night so I have time in the evenings to quilt, also.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:56 AM

I have to reply before I forget. I told my DH about this blog and his comments were "It's your hobby" and "you could tell him, if he does not like it, he can get out".
Imagine that, I am blessed I have a great hubby!
Old 02-14-2011, 01:00 PM

I like your hubby!! Hes a keeper!! :)
Old 05-10-2011, 06:39 PM

I have a great husband, too. While he isn't always impressed with what I do, he doesn't mind that I do it. As a matter of fact, it's baseball season. He loves baseball as much as I love quilting! So my talking about quilting started to get into his love of baseball, and now I'm getting a Long Arm. Wahoo! Thank you, Baseball!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:04 PM

i'm so sorry he isn't supportive.

my DH is an artist too so we are both very supportive he has a studio for his art and i have a studio for mine.

we couldn't imagine it any other way, art is a huge part of our lives between creating it, going to galleries, going to shows, etc. i just couldn't live with someone who didn't want to be a part of this aspect of my life.

my art is my life.