Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My First Quilting Retreat !!  The Dillard House, Dillard, GA >

My First Quilting Retreat !! The Dillard House, Dillard, GA

My First Quilting Retreat !! The Dillard House, Dillard, GA

Old 09-11-2011, 05:56 PM

Have fun and take lots of pictures for us!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:03 PM

Another thing to add to my "bucket list"...we'll be waiting for your update.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Honeynga
I'm excited for you. How did you learn of this retreat ? I live in Carrollton, Ga and think Dillard Ga would only be a couple of hours away at the most......look forward to hearing about your retreat, what you learn and how much fun you will most definitely have !!!!
Sandy
wish I knew about this too. I am just getting into going to things like thisl.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:17 PM

We go up this way at least 3-4 times a year. I think that you meant Franklin, North Carolina. I usually visit most of the shops from Atlanta to Waynesville, N.C. when we go. Franklin is just up the road from the Dillard House so you should get time to see the shop. By the way, there are two other shops in Franklin also. The food at the Dillard House will not put any pounds on you. Ha, Ha! We usually take the left overs back to our room with us and microwave them for at least the next two meals. There is more food than you could ever eat. People come up from all over by the bus loads. There are some fun antique shops nearby. Wish I was with you. JC
Old 09-11-2011, 11:25 PM

Hope you have a wonderful time, you'll love it, and be waiting for the next one...."ENJOY"
Old 09-12-2011, 02:39 AM

Sounds like fun!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Wow, sounds like fun, never been to a retreat, be sure to take lots of pictures to share with all of us and have fun!!!!
I did my first one with Marti Michell at Threads of Time in Danville, IL..check out their website. They have a couple of others coming up yet this fall.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:44 PM

My LQS has started to neatest thing that I kinda see it as a quilters retreat. Every Tuesday and Thursday she opens her class room and allows you to come, bring your sewing machine and work on whatever you want to. She did it one Tuesday and had such great response that she now does it on Thursday to. I would love to do that but I work full time and can't but the amount of sewing and quality time with other quilters would be great. I hope to take a couple days off and go to work on Christmas presents. That shop is my happy place and I share my home with 3 puppies that fuss if I spend to much time in my sewing room so that's a great get-a-way to get a lot of sewing done plus you get to visit and exchance ideas with other people.
Originally Posted by quiltsillysandi
I leave in the morning for my very first quilting retreat in Dillard, Georgia....The retreat is being held at The Dillard House and is sponsored by Deb's Cats N' Quilts, Franklin, TN....We get to stay at the Dillard House Bed N Breakfast, eat the wonderful home cooking of the Dillard House, we'll sew in the convention center, plus, Deb's has some really fun stuff planned out....I am soooooo excited...We're leaving at 730 in the morning, and it's about a 7 hour drive from where I live (Gainesville, Fl area)....I think I've packed every quilting item I own in hopes I haven't forgotten anything, but I figure if I have, gives me an excuse to go shopping at Deb's..... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Anyone else might be heading that way???

San
Old 09-13-2011, 11:38 AM

My quilting retreat is this weekend, Friday - Sunday. This will be my third year to go and I absolutely love it! It's limited to the members of my quilt guild and is held at a retreat center owned by a church organization. Last year there were 17 of us and this year there will be 29! It's such a wonderful way to get to know the other members and there is always someone who can answer whatever question you might have and help with stitching problems. We play games and have door prizes throughout the weekend and those are such fun, too.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:52 PM

Danville is a great place to go. Wonderful quilt shop, welcoming staff, and overnight accomadations if you can stay. I've been with friends a few times to stay overnight and always stop for a "quick" shopping experience when traveling between Decatur and Indy.