Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My heart is breaking... >

My heart is breaking...

My heart is breaking...

Old 10-10-2011, 04:22 AM

I am so sorry to hear your store is closing. There are few nice quilt shops left. Perhaps we/you could start a "Save the Hayloft" campaign? Maybe if we were to all write or email the store they might find a new location for your shop. You know it never hurts to have the public speak their mind. Look what happened with WalMart!! If we can change them, perhaps we can change things for all of you ?

If you think it might help, post some info on how we can contact the store that owns the shop.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:45 AM

This is what I KNOW about loyal quilters.. "IF THEY BUILT IT...THEY WILL COME". I sure hope they reopen somewhere. It's a crime to let a loyal customer base drift away.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:53 AM

Awww..so sad for you and the people who are losing a lovely store. I was planning on visiting the Philladephia area a couple of months ago and The Hayloft was on my 'must visit' list. Sure hope a solution comes up.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:01 AM

NOOOOOOO! I went there for the first time a couple of months ago with some friends and loved browsing through the bolts! The store is well organized and projects are displayed beautifully and so on and so on! I made some nice purchases there and was excited that they had some specific fabric that I really liked!

So sorry that the store is closing. :cry: :thumbdown: It's a unique place.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:02 AM

I checked the website, it is nice but, they did not have any jelly rolls. Oh, well :)
Old 10-10-2011, 05:05 AM

So sorry hope something worked out for all.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:10 AM
Google Goddess

that is terrible and hope they can find another location to move to

Originally Posted by SeamRipper
The fabric store closest to me, the one I have gone to since my nose could rest in the cutting groove of the table when I was 3, the store with over 9,000 bolts of fabric, the one where I went when I first started quilting 7 years ago, the store where I work...is closing.
Not due to a lack of business, in fact, it is a hopping place with world-wide customers. But because a discount grocery store bought the building that we call home. For three weeks I, along with my co-workers, have been explaining over the phone, by email, and to customers in the store why we are closing. My heart aches.
We have made so many friends with regular customers. Ladies that drive three hours to come see us once a month and customers that come in once a week to see what is new. I have helped make fabric selections, shared tips, encouraged new quilters, and marveled over completed projects.
I called this my mental health job. How many people actually love their job? I will miss my co-workers, seeing all the new fabric as it comes in, and planning projects with customers. I will also miss the donuts from downstairs, although my hips won't.
We are still hoping for a miracle. I am hoping for a miracle, but in the meantime, I just cry.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:21 AM

I hope your quilt shop can find a new home and not close permanently.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:23 AM

That is truly heartbreaking! I was there once several years ago. Wonderful place, very nice people. I'm sure there will be a space nearby to move to. Please keep us posted, and Hang In There!!!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by sew watts quilter
I had heard about Hayloft closing and some friends and I are making the 2 hour drive tomorrow. By far Hayloft has been my favorite. The staff is so helpful and the selection and prices are great. I keep thinking some fairy godmother will come out of the woodwork and find a solution. By the way, there are plenty of vacant stores in central jersey and we would love a fabric store close by. (I can dream can't I?)
Amen, Sista!