Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My husband says I am not a quilter... >

My husband says I am not a quilter...

My husband says I am not a quilter...

Old 08-27-2010, 03:39 PM

OK. Send said opinionated hubby, into said stash, to bring you the basis for the next quilt. Let's see if he is a quilter! LOL! Whatever he brings you, is the jumping off spot, for the next quilt. It already has a story to tell. ;) P.S. I have the same issue...Hello my name is Kelly, and I am a fabriholic. "Hello Kelly" roflmao!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by deanna.r
Leonardo da Vinci went from one project to another and didn't finish a lot of what he started either!

I heard Mark Lipinski speak at the Canadian National Quilt show this spring and he said that people who design fabric, patterns, and write books aren't primarily getting you to make quilts, they're selling a dream. Some of us may not produce a lot but when we buy new fabrics and plan what we are going to do with them, we are dreaming lovely dreams

If you can afford it and are enjoying it, then quilt a little and dream a lot. If you are feeling oppressed or bothered by your fabric collection, then follow some of the good suggestions posted by other collectors on this board to pare down your stash.
Wonderful advice, think I will give myself to continue buying fabric and planning, and quilting
Old 08-27-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
My husband says that I am not a quilter, I am a "Collector"! I have so many projects started and waiting to be started that I am overwhelmed. Does anyone else feel that way? What have you done to feel better and get things done? Have you given things away just to get things to a manageable level?
Oh, no! I would never give things away because I might need it to do a certain quilt... in... in.... oh, one of my millions of quilt mags....

You have company GrammaNan... you are NOT in this alone. I am hoping to work through this and just quilt some part every day so I can get somewhere. :-D :-D
Old 08-27-2010, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Grandmama Pat
I keep getting new fabrics because I don't want to cut into the fabric I have stashed. Isn't that sick? I buy fabric I love and then don't want to use it because I'm afraid a project will come along that will be perfect for it and then it would be used up. My stash is getting overwhelming but I still buy. I just have to have a "fabric fix" every so often.
Oh, I love what you said... keep getting new fabrics because I don't want to cut into the fabric I have stashed.

You're not sick but it is funny... and to boot, I 'completely' understand what you mean!

LOL, definitely not at you but very much 'with' you.

Oh, dear, what are we to do? :oops:
Old 08-27-2010, 04:32 PM

When I worked all the girls in the office would go to the conference room and crossstitch on our lunch, well many new projects were started and never finished, then I got into crocheting and knitting and many new projects were started, now I have a Embroidery mach, and a sewing machine I quilt on and an expensive serger lots of new projects started. The other day my son told me " when you die mom I am going to open up an "half stitched shop" for people to buy your started projects and finish" :lol: :lol: :lol: So if you see a new company come into the craft world called half stitched you know I am gone.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:46 PM

My hubby said if I buy any more fabric he's leaving me. I told him I would really miss him!!(just joking of course):)

I have a baby quilt I ask about when I first came on here and I still don't have it done.I am practicing FMQ and can't seem to get that down either.Maybe I need to stick with wall hangings and purses:)
Old 08-27-2010, 04:49 PM

Hey GrammaNan; I also have a lot of projects started and have not finished them. I also have some lap quilts that I have finished. I figure I would start doing them first before I try my hand at doing a bed quilt. Right now I am working on a yo yo quilt and a log cabin. Once I finish them I want to do a Dresden Plate quilt. What do you thinki of that..... Looks like we both are in the same boat. Tell your husband that you are a quilter and that once you complete your quilting projects he will see that you mean business.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:51 PM

you remind me of myself. Right not I only do the small easy projects like lap quilts. Once I conquer that I will move onto a bigger project like doing bed quilts.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:25 PM

Men and women don't see things the same way, While cooking women can have a load of washing, supervise kids and talk on the phone. This is in our genes.Most of the men do one thing at the time. Let him talk and do your quilting as you please!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I am pretty bored my scraps. Maybe I should trade the whole bin w someone else!
I did that with a friend from across the country a couple years ago-It was great fun, try it