Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Labyrinth Walk....tips >

My Labyrinth Walk....tips

My Labyrinth Walk....tips

Old 05-31-2018, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee View Post
I started mine last week. I cut the stripes out. and made Jericho without a problem. Then started on San Luigi, and got to where I was adding the last section on the right when it didn't match. I'm going to have to see if I did that last side section the wrong size along the way. Now I'm hoping I have the corrected instructions. Can't wait to see your pictures!!
San Luigi has slowed me down. I was derailed by straightening up my sewing room! Lol! I got about halway done sewing them together tho. No hurry but I expect to finish my “walk” this weekend.

sandy
Old 05-31-2018, 06:54 AM

Just finished quilting mine, dark brown batik with a lighter tan, gold backing. I will be putting the binding on it in the next week or so. Didn't consider it a really difficult or intimidating quilt; just take your time and follow the instructions one step at a time. I hand-quilted mine, and it took 2 complete spools of thread to do so - very densely quilted, maybe too much. Will post a picture of the finished product very soon.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:26 PM

Should have the final border on mine tomorrow. I took a couple of weekends off to sstraighten up my sewing room. Glad I did! Nothing new to add to “tips”. The patterm is written well. Just take your time with it and don’t try to rush. Really not a pattern you can ripush through. When I got tired...I quit sewing on it.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:42 PM

A great quilt to do but needs to be displayed at a distance so you can really appreciate your work and the 3D effect. I completed several of each block just to see how it would turn out. Sitting on my caravan bed in a small space it just looked like a lot of shapes.....I needed it to be somewhere where it could be viewed from a bit of distance and perspective. Hanging up on a wall or in my bedroom it looked fine but I had intended this quilt to be for my caravan so I decided not to continue with it and chose to do a bargello for the little caravan instead! Maybe in the future I'll pull the Labyrinth blocks out and finish it....one day...
Old 07-14-2018, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by ruby2shoes View Post
A great quilt to do but needs to be displayed at a distance so you can really appreciate your work and the 3D effect. I completed several of each block just to see how it would turn out. Sitting on my caravan bed in a small space it just looked like a lot of shapes.....I needed it to be somewhere where it could be viewed from a bit of distance and perspective. Hanging up on a wall or in my bedroom it looked fine but I had intended this quilt to be for my caravan so I decided not to continue with it and chose to do a bargello for the little caravan instead! Maybe in the future I'll pull the Labyrinth blocks out and finish it....one day...

Ruby, thank you for summing up your impressions up. I feel the same way. I am hopeful that once mine is quilted and DONE ..The image will be what it should look like. Right now...not convinced. ��. Just finish it..then we can compare our results!

Sandy
Old 07-14-2018, 05:51 PM

I have my top finished. It's now ready to quilt, I have 5 to quilt, sigh.
The only tip I can think of is to make sure your fabric has enough contrast between each other so you will end up with the depth of the block. It really is a beautiful quilt.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:11 AM

Threadhead..mine does. I finished it last night. Layed it on the floor...looks better. It will be quilted in a couple of months. My long-armer has quite a few quilts ahead of me. I will giveit to my husband when it is done. He requested it.

I am HAPPY that I got this done. It went quicker than I expected. It was a lesson for being very organized from the beginning, being mindful of detail, a lesson in patience. The only “regret” is that I should have tackled it sooner!

Would I make a second one? Maybe.

I will post a picture of the top.

Sandy
Old 07-22-2018, 09:53 AM

Default Top done

Hubby wants additional borders so that it covers the box spring....just thought I would share “as is” for now. Yes it needs a good pressing and quilting...... Finished this top a week ago. Whew!

sandy
Attached Thumbnails 6a6ee30c-dd0b-45d9-a672-9c4c2e65434a.jpeg   5eeda9b2-e909-4ed9-908f-85d75ea5bc6b.jpeg  

Last edited by Sandygirl; 07-22-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:01 PM

That's terrific...very effective. You must be pleased!
Old 07-22-2018, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by ruby2shoes View Post
That's terrific...very effective. You must be pleased!
I AM! And thank you! Glad to get it mostly behind me.
Sandy