Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My LAer was so expremely very impressed with my quilt >

My LAer was so expremely very impressed with my quilt

My LAer was so expremely very impressed with my quilt

Old 08-10-2012, 11:21 AM

My LAer told me it was a pleasure to quilt one of my quilts...I KNOW it was because she got a flimsy that was ironed and ALL stray threads were removed before I gave it to her.....
Old 08-10-2012, 12:25 PM

Ok, we want to see this ugly Civil War reproduction quilt with the muddy colors and the crappy flying geese whose seams were not quite up to the 1/4" standards THAT GOT RAVE REVIEWS FROM YOUR LAer!!!!!!!!! Since we can not see how much you fudged those flying geese (THAT is a wonderful skill all by itself!), be kind and show us your lovely quilt! If you are going to put it in the photo section, please post a link here so we can go and see Ol' Muddy for ourselves!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:56 PM

I agree with everyone else! Where's the <beef> Picture? ;0)

My husband finally forbid me from pointing out my errors when I 'gift' a quilt. It is so hard not to. I never feel like it is good enough, but I am working on that.

take a forward step by showing us a picture! ;9
Old 08-10-2012, 05:41 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Shame on you!!!
Bad girl, bad, bad, bad. NO PICTURES??? Are you kidding?!

Jan in VA
Old 08-10-2012, 09:48 PM

I'm sure it was all the LAQ said it was. I don't think she would have praised it so much to everyone if she didn't believe it. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:35 PM

Smile sweetly, nod yes and say "Thank you so much!" just like your mommy taught you to say. When you get into the car alone Whoop it up and say, "OMG, I can kick - - - !"
Old 08-10-2012, 10:48 PM

Well done you! far too modest by the sounds of it! Would dearly like to see a picture
Old 08-11-2012, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
Yes! My LQS owner just called and said my quilt was ready to be picked up. She went on and on about how my LAer said how impressed she was with my quilt. MY quilt! My quilt with all the stars with all the flying geese that I can't do right. The flying geese that are distorted after I sew them. I always have to fugde them so much to make them fit. I hate flying geese. This quilt was a Civil war BOM and it had 12 star in a star blocks. So, you can figure I had to make a ton of flying geese and not one turned out right. It is a king size quilt. I jazzed up the back of it a little. I cut every thread on the quilt and pulled every stray thread. I ironed the heck out of it. I folded it oh so nicely. But it wasn't 1/4" seams because of the dang flying geese. I had to fugde sooooo much throughout the whole year. I cussed every single month I did the blocks. I even had two borders that each had stars in each corner....8 more stars....more flying geese. And she raved about my quilting. Is she mad???? I was speechless by the time my quilt shop owner got done telling me how much she loved my quilting and how great of a quilter she thought I was and how much she enjoyed quilting my quilt. I know me. I'm not very good. What is going on???? Is it because I cut all the threads and ironed it so well and when I jazzed up the back, I made sure it all matched perfectly? Could that be it? I'm stumped?
YOU are BETTER than you think you are. You are being TOOOOOOOOO hard on yourself. Some times we work on things that we don't like, but you FINISHED something that you had such are hard time working with. This makes you an even BETTER quilter. When I start working on something and I don't like it or I fight it, I'll finish the block. Then it goes into the UFO box, this way at a later date I can cut it up into something else or swap UFO's for other peoples UFO's. So no matter what you think you will always be a much better quilter for always finishing what you start.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:41 AM

if i get a rave review, or even a negative, i ask why. i want to know more than if someone appreciates or hates it. why do they appreciate it or have a negative view of it? that's what i want to know. it helps me to either be very proud or know what i can do to further my skills. constructive criticism, that is!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:02 AM

I think you are probably too critical of your work. Be sure to post a photo. I would love to see your quilt.