Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My New baby, it a Bernina  :) >

My New baby, it a Bernina :)

My New baby, it a Bernina :)

Old 08-14-2016, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Wow, great buy! Does your other foot pedal work with your new one?
Yes it does, sorry I forgot to tell that the Berninas I own, the 1520 and the 1020 (mechanical) both are from the same series. That is why I didn't hesitate to pass up this bargain.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:05 AM

I have the 1260. The decorative stitches on the lower right are accessed by pressing a button below them. Each button is for 4-5 stitches. Press the button until a light shows up below the desired stitch. When you want to go back to the regular stitches, press the button below the desired stitch on the front below the handle.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
Many thrift stores separate the accessories away from the machines; sell the machine for 24.99 and the accessories for 7.99 they can make more money that way. Also people steal the accessories all the time. Crazy. Anyway, did you do a walk through of the store to see if they were in another area? Also, check in the electronics area - in the tubs of cords -for your foot controller. They sometimes end up mixed in with the other junk because people in the back think they are game controller foot pedals.
I did. I spent 20 minutes looking every where for it. I was actually looking for where they put the fabric for sale and I found this in the TV department. All of my feet including the walking foot work on this since it is from the same series of Bernina.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:15 AM

I did a search for Bernina 1230 Manual using Chrome (any search engine should work). There are free PDFs of your manual online. Enjoy your machine. Be aware that your machine will use the old style feet (not the snap ons). You can search for those also. I search for genuine Bernina old style feet. There are some made by other companies, but the quality has not been the same when I've tried them. I bought a foot from Sewingpartsonline.com this week.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:28 AM

http://www.sewingpartsonline.com/instruction-manual-bernina-1230.aspx

Enjoy your great find!

Old 08-14-2016, 08:16 AM

Wow! What a great buy. Have fun with it!
Old 08-14-2016, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

What a nice deal and it truly went to the best possible owner! I am sure you will care for her and use her like your baby all the time. The feet are on ebay and maybe the manual too.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:52 PM

Why don't you try to find a Manual for it online....that would be my suggestion.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:50 PM

I have a 1230 I bought used about 20 years ago. I am still using this work horse. If you can't find a manual for it on line, pm me.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I have the 1260, looks almost the same. I paid $450 for mine, used. You got a great find!
I also have the 1260 and love it. It was GIVEN to me by a friend of my mom's. The 1260 has a separate "card" of stitches that I never use, for an alphabet, that replaces the stitch card on the bottom right. It slips in a pocket in the back of the manual. No hints.............works like a dream. Make sure the feet are transferable however. Mine came with the accessory box with all the feet, however you can Google adaptors for that model so that you can use snap on feet from other machines. As you know, Bernina feet are expensive so any way you can use yours is a plus.
I did order the walking foot specific to my machine however.