Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My New to me Machine for Quilting >

My New to me Machine for Quilting

My New to me Machine for Quilting

Old 12-17-2011, 07:20 PM

I used to have one of these machines -- then the "motherboard" went out on it. Took it to the repairman and he said to just junk it because it would be about $400 to fix it if he could find a motherboard.

I enjoyed it while I had it -- got it second hand so didn't have it for very long.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Power Poster

Looks like a great machine, hope you can find the FMQ foot you need. Also may be called a darning foot.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:49 AM

This does have the adapter thing on it so it takes the snap on feet. I just didn't know what I was looking for.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:52 AM

Hi, this one doesn't have a mother board, I guess it is too old or just mechanical. I am glad it doesn't so I don't have to worry about it going out. I have sewn on this for three days now and I am loving it!

Originally Posted by Xstitshmom View Post
I used to have one of these machines -- then the "motherboard" went out on it. Took it to the repairman and he said to just junk it because it would be about $400 to fix it if he could find a motherboard.

I enjoyed it while I had it -- got it second hand so didn't have it for very long.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
Hi, this one doesn't have a mother board, I guess it is too old or just mechanical. I am glad it doesn't so I don't have to worry about it going out. I have sewn on this for three days now and I am loving it!
It does have a circuit board. And yes, they do go out...
Old 12-18-2011, 09:09 AM

I had a Pfaff 1229 whice I loved and my sister talked me out of. It was a real work horse. can't go wrong with the olded Pfaff's IMHO. The IDT and they are so nice and quite, and lovely stitches! Yep I will stick to my older Pfaff's!!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:10 PM

I have the Pfaff 1222E and still use it. My husband bought it new for Christmas almost 30 years ago. I used it to make clothes for my kids when they were young and home dec things. I wasn't a quilter then. I love this machine. I now have a Pfaff 7570 which I also love, but still use the 1222. It has the adaptor which allows the usage of snap on feet.
Congrats on your new to you machine.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:47 PM

Hi Joan, I have relatives in Alaska. Could you tell me what the difference is in the two machines the 1222E and the 1222? We couldn't figure it out, I thought perhaps it is embroidery? Also I have looked for a 7570 that I could afford and not yet. I see them once in a while just not when I have enough $$ for it. That is the only Embroidery machine I would like to get. My sister in law has one and won't let it go she keeps it just in case her babylock goes out.boohoo.lol Do you know what the 7550 is compared to the 7570?
Originally Posted by Joan in AK View Post
I have the Pfaff 1222E and still use it. My husband bought it new for Christmas almost 30 years ago. I used it to make clothes for my kids when they were young and home dec things. I wasn't a quilter then. I love this machine. I now have a Pfaff 7570 which I also love, but still use the 1222. It has the adaptor which allows the usage of snap on feet.
Congrats on your new to you machine.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:00 AM

I have a manual Pfaff Variamatic that I adore. It has the built in walking foot that I love when doing table runners, bindings, bags, etc. I piece my quilt tops on a fancier machine (I like bells and whistles, needle down, low thread indicator, etc) but if I'm sewing through heavy I pull out my Pfaff. You will love it!!! If you don't have the owners manual you might be able to find it online, sometimes free. Also do a search for extra feet, I was able to find a 1/4" foot for mine and it's an oldie. Have fun!!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:55 AM

I have an old Pfaff 1171 Tiptronic that I bought in late 70’s or early 80’s. still have my receipt! It is my bestest friend. I do everything on it. By now I think I have all the attachments ever made. My local sewing machine store carries all sorts of different feet that work on different shafts. I used to think I could only use a Pfaff foot but he has taught me about all kinds of different choices that are great quality and not as pricey. I have several different fmq feet but prefer one I got from him for less than $20. Also, at one point, after a move, I misplaced the manual and was able to get it on line to download. Of course a few days after printing out all those pages, I found the original manual. Enjoy your treasure.