Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My New to me Machine for Quilting >

My New to me Machine for Quilting

My New to me Machine for Quilting

Old 12-19-2011, 06:44 AM

I have a Pfaff 7550 now that has all the embroidery kit with it, but in the past I had a Pfaff 1473, and a 12?? (I forgot). I do love my Pfaffs and use my current one regularly. I also have a Brother cs6000i which I use, and an older New Home which I keep to train students on. Also I have a 1954 FW that is set aside, and a Viking 1100 that is on permanent loan. Pfaff is still my favorite for an everyday machine. I know you will love your 1222 once you get it working.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:53 AM

The Pfaff 1200 series machines are among the highest rated Pfaffs. I wish I had one. Craig's List is almost nonexistent around here and the ones on auction sites are pretty pricey. Dear Santa........
Old 12-19-2011, 07:40 AM

I have a Pfaff Quilt Expressions 2046. I love it. I've noticed when reading the Quilting Board, when people ask for help choosing a machine, the Pfaff is seldom mentioned. I don't know why. I just started sewing again a few years ago and gave away my old Singer and purchased my first Pfaff. It was a pretty basic machine which was such an improvement over the Singer. After a few months, I decided to trade it in on a better model. That is the one I now have. My dealer gave me full credit for the first machine which made purchasing the new one easier. I am 78 years old so at this point in my life, I have no desire to buy a different machine. I am totally happy with my 2046.

I hope you get your Pfaff running and I'm sure you will love it.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:36 AM

I have one I bought in 79. It is my main machine that I sew everything on . I free motion quilt very large quilts on it also. When I have taken it in for lube and oil change the man has asked to buy it because he said they aren't made like this anymore . It runs perfect and has it's walking foot built in, I have bought other feet from eBay that work great. I guess you can tell I LOVE it!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:48 AM

Wow, that looks like a great 1222. I have a 1209 which is the same vintage and I love mine and have had it for 30+ years. I think the 1222 was a little fancier model (maybe a little newer too)as it has more decorative stitches than mine does. I've been told by a sewing machine repair and restore place that "don't get rid of it, it is a work horse". I did get a newer model of Pfaff a 2034 because I wanted a few more stitches and the needle down but the 1209 stays right here on my table alongside the newer one and I use it frequently. Oh, also if you ever have trouble with it and are told that it is too old to be fixed, that's not true. There is yahoo forum group for old pfaff's which I read every day although most of the questions are for even older ones and heavy duty ones, but it is interesting. Enjoy!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:58 AM

Why do the repairmen want to tell you the old ones can't be fixed! This isn't usually true (of course there are exceptions). I had to buy the adapter for mine several yrs ago and it was like 35.00 but probably more now but makes it so you can use any of the newer feet. Ebay is a good place to find parts or links to people who have parts.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:52 PM

LOOKS really beautiful, and after all what you need for quilting is a dependable straight stitch machine..
Old 12-19-2011, 04:30 PM

I bought a Pfaff 1222 E in about 1979. I still have and lover her! I did buy the "adapter" feet about 2 years ago and they were well worth the money. She is a good little trouper, and I would never sell her.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:32 PM

I have a Pfaff 1222E and I love it! I also have a Pfaff 2040, its computerized. I really like both machines. I bought the 1222E to quilt with, lovely not to need a separate walking foot. I found out that the original darning foot doesn't work very well, so I bought a modern ankle for my machine(1222E) so that I could get more feet for it.
Sharon W.

Last edited by purplefiend; 12-19-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:36 PM

Great looking machine. Good luck.