My New Sewing 'Studio' :)

My New Sewing 'Studio' :)

Old 11-07-2010, 06:05 PM

what a great sewing room I can see why you are so excited,
happy quilting
Old 11-07-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by craftiladi
Beth I love your studio and so nice and clean, a girl after my own heart. I bet you get alot accomplished in that beautiful rm and have a very understanding Honey to boot.
Yes we must count our lucky stars.
I love to spend time there. I put everything away at the end of the day. I DO NO LIKE to start the next day of with a cluttered room. It doesn't take but a few minutes to pick up.
Ok you really are my twin, I am the same way, right now I have a applique project and one of those very fancy beaded xmas stocking sitting in progress on my cutting table and the madness behind leaving it is to hopfully get it done but in all honesty its driving me nuts.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by sistermadge
Where did the cute scissors on the wall come from Featherweight?
Would you believe me if I told you that all the stuff hanging on the wall except the quilts, I found at different thrift stores. When I started decorating my studio, I just kept finding this neat sewing stuff. I just could'nt resist any of it. I have so much stuff on the walls that I don't have room for my design wall.
Beth I was going to comment that you were very smart to leave rm on your walls for your quilts..lol I too love to find my sewing rm decor in thrift shops and now my walls are so full of decor no rm to hang quilts....aren't we ladies funny lil creaters.
Well I may be taking one down so I can hang a design wall. Bought a 42" shade that I want to attach flannel to and hang it. Then when I need to put blocks up to view I can pull down the shade. When I don't need it down I can put it back up out of the way.
Oh what a great idea, my I borrow it?
Old 11-07-2010, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by sistermadge
Where did the cute scissors on the wall come from Featherweight?
Would you believe me if I told you that all the stuff hanging on the wall except the quilts, I found at different thrift stores. When I started decorating my studio, I just kept finding this neat sewing stuff. I just could'nt resist any of it. I have so much stuff on the walls that I don't have room for my design wall.
Beth I was going to comment that you were very smart to leave rm on your walls for your quilts..lol I too love to find my sewing rm decor in thrift shops and now my walls are so full of decor no rm to hang quilts....aren't we ladies funny lil creaters.
Well I may be taking one down so I can hang a design wall. Bought a 42" shade that I want to attach flannel to and hang it. Then when I need to put blocks up to view I can pull down the shade. When I don't need it down I can put it back up out of the way.
Oh what a great idea, my I borrow it?
Of course you may, I got it from someone else on the board. Tehehehe, so I can't take credit for it.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:22 PM

Ladies you have great sewing areas.

Started TODAY to get into reorganizing my sewing area / basement. Gotta get rid of this STUFF.

Keep posting pictures - it's encouraging.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:23 PM

I like the "after 25 years at the kitchen table" remark - I'm on the dining room table so I don't have to constantly clear out, but ... still have to move when everyone comes home. My living room is my piano studio - I give lessons - and just this weekend found that I have spread into that room. The piano kids can enjoy looking at my works in progress! So 24 1/2 years to go and I can have a dedicated room, too!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Gal

Wow, you wouldn't need to want for inspiration would you, all you need do is go and sit in there, wonderful!

Gal
Old 11-07-2010, 08:11 PM

Grannie Annie, I had two sets of drawers under my waterbed. We stacked them up and they are the perfect heighth for me. DH cut a piece of plywood to fit and I covered it with batting and the teflon fabric. I can iron 2 yds of fabric aat once. Works for me.
The drawers under the bed frame would have to be adjusted a bit, but not a whole lot. there's fiberboard on the "slats". I'm going to have to look at it and see if I can use it.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:43 AM

Ok,featherweight--on your north window wall you have a shelf with the sewing buddies that were seen and mentioned in another persons quilting room---where did you get yours? Tons of people are looking for them.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:50 AM
Power Poster

Am I dreaming. What a stunning sewing studio.